Kenja no Mago - Vol. 14 Ch. 48

Dex-chan lover
Well uh no shit. How do you think someone who was continuously raped and abused since childhood ever going rehabilitate from that?

Dex-chan lover
"Waah, waah, waah" is all I heard from her. Or, more fittingly, "whimper, wheeze, whimper". No sympathy for her, as she chose this path and its end. She turned into a demon because the Empire lethally abused its citizens? "Okay, now that I'm a demon, I'll go ahead and become the same oppressive force the Empire was, after they're done~!" Evidently, to become a demon means to lose your cognitive ability to pure emotion. For how much she loved her sister, she sure as hell didn't give an ounce of thought as to whether her sister would want her to live that kind of life in <i>her sister's name and memory</i>, both of which she'll snuff out completely through her own actions, as we saw.

That said, I'm happy to see this, because I was hoping the author wouldn't save Amelia just because she's female. She'd been haughtily killing people indiscriminately from her introduction, even some of her own comrades; if the Power of Friendship™ saved her, it would have been yet another travesty in this medium. At least here, unlike in reality, we see a woman properly receiving the fruits of her actions.

Double-page supporter
Maria being my favourite character in this story, I'm always happy when I see her kick the baddies hard.

Users who are viewing this thread