Kenja no Mago - Vol. 9 Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one with broken pages?

a15.png

a16.png

a37.png

Fed-Kun's army
The "hero is actually the villain" trope in isekai is also happened because you can read kanjis for "eiyuu" as both "hero" and "brave man."
Japan really loves playing words with their kanjis.

Dex-chan lover
@Gotim They where not exactly straight commoners but more like military black ops mostly. The demon commoners are mostly dead by now I think.

Fed-Kun's army
"But with the empire done, what am I supposed to do with this rage? All the peace-loving idiots in other countries that stood by , watching the empire commit such atrocities?"

This is so dumb it floors me.

@IlsaTilsaKilsaMilsa the 2 devils doing paperwork here weren’t part of that group they were the commoners later turned, most of those commoners left but some chose to stay with strom’s group. Also your name is ridiculous to try to tag you, since that’s common maybe they could simplify the tagging system.

Dex-chan lover
have I read another manga where the demon lord was dating and engage to the holy maiden.
I remember about the one where the demon lord asked the hero to become hers. but they were not engage so...

Fed-Kun's army
I love this dumb manga,but i cant get over how stupid the thing with the demon lord is, cuz you know for that t9 happen in that wotld they would have to speak Japanese, which they dont, in order to confuse the kanji for magic and demon. It was established that they speak another language since it took shin a few years to learn how to speak, and when he began enchanting gear he introduced kanji to use less space, so that mistake on the demon/magic couldnt happen...fucking dumb author

Aggregator gang
i think Demon Lord fits shin, i mean he even went and called himself "shin" i think with the kanji of death, or was it the grandpa that did? i dont remember, but any ways at least he doesnt have chuni syndrome or else poor guy hahahaha!!!

Dex-chan lover
to everybdoy getting mad with the demon lord thing ... it's clearly the prince idea and he knows it's gonna mess up with the MC, 'cause it's sounds chuuni af ... demon lord for the isekai language could be used as superior to all demons or some shit like that, stop getting mad about that

why isn't more comments about Sicily being more yanderish each time time, and how f*cked up are the demons for trying to mess with possible the 2nd or 3rd strongest of Shin generation (Prince being the 2nd)

the novel translations write maio (magic king) and when shin says it, he says it as maio (demon lord) the first time he hears it, however these chapters he's equally embarrassed about the maio (magic king) part - the same as he was with (ultimate)

these should be put back to maio (magic king) imo.

In case you guys didn't know demon lord (魔王) has 魔 in it, while magic king/king of magic (魔導の王) can also abbreviated as 魔王 since it has the same first character and the pronounciation is also maou. The appropriate would be magic king for anyone else that said it and demon king just for shin.

Double-page supporter
@Acolytus it's not something with readings or exclusively japanese. Both the kanji and the reading are the same, the word is just interpreted differently by people with different cultures.
Think of something like a superhero's name.
Or maybe something like going to a world or time in which "dick" only has the meaning of detective, and then being called the biggest dick after solving a difficult mistery.

Dex-chan lover
@AkiTooru Maybe but that world JUST happening to have exactly the same issue with Demon King/Magic King as the japanese seems kind of dumb, to be honest.

I mean, how does it even make sense that only Shin can interpret it as Demon King despite being a different word from a different language?

They are either using japanese without being aware that Maou can mean something different from "Magic King" or for some weird reason they just happen to use a word that is the same word the japanese use for "Magic King/Demon King" which is some bullshit.

I feel like the author just came up with this "joke" without putting to much thought into it, which also applies to 99% of the story.

Double-page supporter
@Acolytus Well, Shin did learn the language of the world, and is speaking in it, yet it was probably he that messed up.
In chapter 26 we see him using the "maou" for the first time, but by the looks of it, there is no word in that language for "demon lord", so he probably ended up making up a word derived from "magic" and "king", instead of "demon" and "king", because they're the same in japanese.
He probably did so because of a poor understanding of the peculiarities of japanese compared to other languages, as he was never taught the world's language in comparison to japanese.

Overall it's a kinda dumb mistake on Shin's part, and it also shows that the author has a shallow understanding of languages other than japanese.

Users who are viewing this thread