Kenja no Mago - Vol. 9 Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
Kudos to the translators for handling the "Maou" situation well this chapter.

why bother other nation when they are not helping at all?
when you see criminal, you catch and punish them, not to cooperatif with them.

in all japanese manga and anime, the character of a top head priest that hold a lot of power always a corrupt greedy horny pig to the core... why most mangaka perceive it this way?

@pmntamp Have you seen world news lately? Why do mangaka perceive it this way, because it is this way.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/02/26/catholic-church-sex-abuse-scandal-five-major-leaders-taken-down/2992187002/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/03/20/catholic-church-scandal-priest-abuse-illinois/3223552002/

There are some good people who are religious, but religion isn't good. You think ONLY the ones who did the act knew about these crimes. No they are protected by their fellow clergymen even if there fellow's aren't doing the act themselves.

I'm just interested with the MC's demonization idea fancied by the demon boyband.

Double-page supporter
Wow how surprising and original, and interesting this arc is. This manga could not be more generic.

@Zyocuh
Regardless of how much truth something holds, people are tired of seeing the same caricature over and over again; people are tired of lazy and unoriginal tropes done time and time again. I don't see him defending religion, so why you're treating him as if he is makes no sense. Most people are well aware of the crimes, delusion, hypocrisy and inconsistency of religion in general, but that doesn't stop them from being irritated by seeing it everyone they go or force them to believe all religious people are always evil all the time throughout history and now.

Dex-chan lover
SfsLHAzl.jpg

@Yautja What are you even talking about. The person I replied to asked why Japanese people perceive the church like this. He didnt state ANYWHERE that he was annoyed of it being overused. I answered the question to why it was perceived like that to people in general.

Double-page supporter
@zyocuh
Everyone knows religion has caused a lot of harm, you telling him that religion is usually harmful or corrupt doesn't answer his question. Pretty much anyone who knows what manga is, knows religion has been more harmful than helpful. Religion has been portrayed in a poor light in manga for years, and recent news doesn't change that. It's a borderline rhetorical question. The vast majority of the time I see people asking why manga portray religion, nobles, or *insert typically corrupt group here* as unilaterally evil, it's because they're annoyed at seeing the same thing over and over again.

An actual answer to his question would be expand on their cultural values, and systems. Japan doesn't have religion nearly as integrated into their society as the west does, religion has faced and been a source of hardship historically within Japan; there have been bannings of Christianity due to various reasons throughout history, religion, specifically judeo-christian religions, are a severe minority, it's a very secular society, it's a very atheistic society, and doesn't doesn't hold western religion to such a high regard and has no problem turning it into a bogey-man.

Japan, just like most countries, has no problem making obvious external evils into villains, but has a real difficult time looking at their own faults and making villains out of them. Just as Japan does it with religion, among other things. American movies often have foreigners, such as Russians, playing the villain, due to historical conflict with Russia and the obvious corruption within the country. It's a simple, but multi-layered, cultural, and historical issue that factors in many different things. Saying "religion bad" as an answer to his question is not only incredibly lazy, but simply incorrect and not what he's looking for.

Aggregator gang
It's a bit funny since Maou = Demon Lord on our perspective, but Mage King on theirs, really makes you think there would be a lot more emphasis on it if the Archbishop knew it's original meaning

Ima need Shin to control that anger cuz its over dramatic

dont get me wrong i understand being angry that someone tryna take whats yours but ya dont get THAT mad unless he got anger issues
but as his chara is set up...he aint got it...

Users who are viewing this thread