Kentei Gakuin no Magan Kenja - Ch. 28 - Qualifiers Final Results

Dex-chan lover
I think it would make it worse. Imagine if a young upstart acted like the MC: lazy, pretentious, and smug. Barely mediocre performance and yet for whatever reason everyone keep praising him.
I think it's worse now though since that means he has experience of being an adult but acting like a teenager bumbling around but people still praise him for doing barely anything. At least if he was an actual kid it's understandable that he's still in his "I'm the coolest guy if I act like this" level of chuunibyou he's in now, because well a kid that age is normally stupid.

Dex-chan lover
Isn t the MC supposed to be a Sage that hybernated 1000 years to save the world? And he cannot even beat people his own grade at school?

Dex-chan lover
This is lame, if the author didn't want to do the typical story of "Op MC with mysterious power breezes through everything" then they shouldn't have made the MC the super op sage from a 1000 years ago. This story would be a bit better with an average guy who gets stronger through training instead of "Yeah I totally need to save the world while blending in". Also that dragon form is kinda lame

Group Leader
Maybe the people in the past really, really sucked?

i forget: is he concealing his real power to blend in with everyone while he looks for the main baddie or something?
The fact that you have to ask if he's still concealing his power says a lot about the writing :aquadrink:

Guess I'll drop off here, Lag seems too useless and yet he's treated as if he's not. Author feels too whimsical.

He is THE top dog, THE most powerful magic user. But he's in a time period where they aren't really using magic anymore instead it's like skill arts close to magic and he's trying to blend in for reasons I can't remember. In a physical fight, these kids are far more skilled and trained in combat. He's pretty much getting on by downplaying what he can do to the level that would seem possible by their standards. Can't give away (again for whatever reason) that he's not actually using a Gram.

If he unleashes his magic, he'll win hands down. His (artificial) struggle is he figuring out more and more what he can get away with while keeping the truth under wraps.....little good that'll do when characters like the loli who can tell his "gram" isn't really a gram.
So yeah, not a fan of the how they doing things but I do kinda understand the why.
What makes no sense is the gram are so varied in ability he could almost certainly just lie and say his op magic is part of the gram. Not to mention if his goal is to get to the girl who looks like his master there is no reason he shouldn't be showing off absolute domination over everyone. These close fights are literally just hindering his main goal.

This is getting boring after the enrollment in the school. The battle are getting skipped instead of making it longer and most of all, there are so many characters getting introduced nonstop, slow down man.

Aggregator gang
Protag is kind of lame for a supposed "OP reincarnated" sage.

Story could have worked the same with him just being a normal person from their era, and showing his struggles to reach the top.
Yeah it’s weird just how much magic he should know that he’s purposely not using, and acting surprised he’s not instantly winning

Users who are viewing this thread