Keyman - The Hand of Judgement

Group Leader
Omg! It’s over! Now I can binge the last 5 volumes that I haven’t read yet!

Awesome work Habanero and Royal and all you guys!

Dex-chan lover
Haaa. And so it ends. Keyman will go down as one of my favorites. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it was enjoyable, memorable, and downright fun. Hell I might just re-read it for the 3 time for the fun of it. If here was ever a series I hope gets an anime adaptation sooner or later it is this.

Fed-Kun's army
Keyman was a great manga with a really unique atmosphere to it. I really liked it.

After all these years, its great to see it finished. What a ride.

Great series. My only criticism would be the art gets a little confusing at times and the plot becomes questionable towards the end.

Might not be the greatest thing you ever read, might not be the craziest thing, but it will certainly be the greatest crazy thing you'll ever read.

Only found its completion now. Was a nice ending and despite how messed up the art can be, a beautiful story, all things considered.

Didn't think much if this at first but it certaintly managed to get me hooked once the plot started coming together (even if it took quite some time to get there). I'd say read this if you really have time to spare as the beginning is kinda slow and takes its sweet time piecing together what is going on.
I'd say this manga's two biggest weaknesses are that the action panels can be really damn hard to follow and that the second half
has too many "twist" betrayals that just seem to be there as some way to remove those characters from the story
Overall though a really good read with strong art and interesting characters. Also has a nice, conclusive ending although I'm left with a little bit of a sour taste because
Bobby sacrificed himself for nothing, didn't he?

As a counterpoint to the previous post, I wouldn't say the end is all that confusing; it makes sense in its own way.

Regarding Betrayals:
Walter and the other beastman policeman were being straight up fooled by the devil. As Aaron revealed, beastmen are subject worldwide to all kinds of heinous prejudice, the piles of burning corpses from Aaron's flashback a taste of how dark it was worldwide even in a westernized country like the UK. Butler exploited that weakness in their hearts to get Walter and the other beastman policeman to betray Alex for the vague promise of turning them all back human or at least fixing the double helix world (which, in hindsight, is probably why Dr Necro DIDN'T want to tell everyone all about the double helix world, to keep them from doing something stupid like that). Obviously Walter went full nihilist at the end there, but that's what makes him a sympathetic villain.

Regarding sacrifices:
Bobby's sacrifice did mean something. You have to realize, Butler wasn't going to make Pete a key, he had the key that Dr Necro held. It was the key from Bobby he needed, and the 'door' that Misery represented. Bobby turning himself into a key so it could be broken meant that Butler did not have a second key which he could use, which left the only route into the double helix world the super-keyman Dr Necro had made Pete into which she controlled. It should be noted that Butler couldn't open the door into the double helix world himself, and its safe to assume that Walter wouldn't know how to use Pete as a keyman, so Bobby's sacrifice pretty much stopped Butler's plot dead in its tracks, and leaves him vulnerable to Dr Necro and Franck's final ploy.

The plot of this story is like..

How f*cking much pot do you have to take, to think this up?

I mean, this is defenetly a 8.5/10 experience for me, but holy f*ck someone has been High when writing this up!

man with how crowded the artstyle and the story is i give this manga 10/10 cant get enuf

it was a good read. But there is something that bothered me a bit.
the inconsistency of Alex's hook becoming his hand again in certain frames. Heck, in one latter chapter he even uses both his hands to make a drink 😑. When I first noticed it I thought it's a fake/clone Alex. So much for that plot twist.

Users who are viewing this thread