Killing Me / Killing You - Vol. 5 Ch. 18 - If You See It You Die Painting

Dex-chan lover
Agreed, it had more humor than sorrow. Natalie's work being criticized, him getting excessively defensive after asking for critique (just like Twitter artists), him finding inspiration and going buck wild on churning out pages, and then not living to hear that it sucked in the end; it was an amusing ride with a satisfying end.

Dex-chan lover
I think they would like if the titular painting actually worked.

On the front page she's not wearing some fancy dress. She's wearing frills. Also, the mustache is great.

Don't ask questions you don't want answers to. Don't ask for an opinion if you just want flattery.

Original character don't steal.

Pretty sure you can't finish it if you die. Almost certain.

Well, that describes this story well enough. The setting is weird, random, and doesn't make sense, but the stories the characters encounters are what matters.

It's literally the same picture. Or is that figuratively? Picturally? In Swedish the word is the latter. Literally, but translated.

Dex-chan lover
I read this as this series' mangaka threatening to summon a meteor to wipe out humanity in real life. When we look up to see our extinction hurtling towards us, we'll know who to blame.

Dex-chan lover
I like Mithia a bit more but won't ruin the series for me. Just makes me do a double take with the Commet/meteorite that fell and changed the world and character named "Meteor". Maybe her name is suppose to hint to something that we should have picked up sooner? Not sure, but I was pretty sure she was given the name by that rando who saved her at first. Might have to reread to find out. Just looked back and I am wrong, it was just where she got her clothes.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Might just be my ego speaking, but I can't help but imagine author put more personal truth in Natalie-sensei then he is a narrative device.

It's unequivocally both painful and blissful experience to have the capability to appreciate and find beauty where most people don't...

And sometimes, you'd be burdened by the unfairness and unjust treatment the world has given to that creation, you began to curse the world instead...

While in truth, the thing that you hope to ever seek was, just another like-minded person.

May you all who harbor fondness of the niche be blessed with an encounter of fellow like-minded kin.

Aggregator gang
The sensei's cape is the author's avatar https://narita1664.mystrikingly.com/

So i believe this is the author's personal venting about his work not selling well.

And yes. Why don't both his work sell? The story is original and good, the art is phenomenal. I know the author put much love into his mangas as he even made an OVA of his manga by himself.

Dex-chan lover
The sensei's cape is the author's avatar https://narita1664.mystrikingly.com/

So i believe this is the author's personal venting about his work not selling well.

And yes. Why don't both his work sell? The story is original and good, the art is phenomenal. I know the author put much love into his mangas as he even made an OVA of his manga by himself.
It lack a few thing to sell well.
It miss naked or half naked character.
It miss overused archetype.
It miss generic and flat character.
It miss sex.
It miss being an Isekai for no reason other than having the tag.
It miss having the main character being overpower and never having any real issue for self insert.
It miss having shallow and superficial relationship with poorly writen drama.

Dex-chan lover
You change her name but not his name.
Why not keep the japanglish name for both of them?
Youthanasia is his English name. It's not Japanese at all. It's a portmanteau of Youth + Euthanasia.

The only reason Mithia was used before was because it wasn't immediately evident her name was supposed to be "Meteor".

Users who are viewing this thread