Kimetsu no Yaiba

Kinda awful. I'm having a really hard time persevering through constant endless struggle on the brink of death. Also pacing is just bad.

Dex-chan lover
The pacing in some parts felt questionable despite how good the plot is and none of the characters are overly amazing but they work so well together. This was really nice to binge read.

Dex-chan lover
Even though the plot more or less the same with Black Clover, there are something that makes it better than BC. i dont know what was it...

Dex-chan lover
@bearybrown @Milkshake the villains get proper exposition, the main characters feel much more tragic, death of characters is apparent, and the end game goal of getting revenge and turning his sister back to normal is way more wholesome than 'i want to be hokage I mean magic emperor so people can recognize me dattebayo'. Just some of the reasons teehee.

That said, I do find BC enjoyable. It has its moments but at the end of the day is just generic shounen. Better than Fairy Tail which shoves fanservice and friendship power down your throat at least.

Double-page supporter
@bearybrown I don't really see the similarity tbh.

@Milkshake @Koyomiya
Also, since we're talking about Black Clover for some reason, I thought I'd give my input as well. I actually like the series because it embraces the "generic shounen" aspects people like to throw around from the get-go, and bring the enjoyment that comes from that to its fullest potential. It also has a really likeable cast of characters that each manage to be fleshed out well. The MC definitely grows on you over time, and the female lead is one of, if not the best I've seen from a shounen of that genre. A shame the adaptation is god-awful 95% of the time and so many people are quick to judge the series from word of mouth.

Anyway, since this is a KnY comment section, I'll comment about KnY too. Glad to see this series finally getting due recognition. Inosuke's #1.

Aggregator gang
everytime..every fucking time we see one of the 12 demons, one of the fucking pillars die, fuck this

edit: oops he didnt die this time lol

The basic story is the same as Owari no Seraph. Vampire theme, the main characters lost their family, pursue a vengeance, joined an organization that fight vampire and special weapon is made to kill them.
I wonder why I like Kimetsu no Yaiba more so much compared to Owari no Seraph, I dropped it like years ago 😕

i like how the cover portray oyakata-sama in all his horrendous-ness but looks totally composed and calm like the disease isn't actually hindering him with his waifu besides him and his loyal crow pet ...

so deadly yet so serene ...

@Ninjafoo Authors have learned from using cliches, overpowering and the whole never give up scenarios thrown in every situation. Cliches are good when used properly, just as how subversions and parodies are fun to watch since they're smart usage of tropes. Paired with real character development as in we see how their mind works and change their views.

Aggregator gang
I just marathoned 165 chapters of this series. I really love it but this recent arc feel so incredibly rushed. I don't know if it is confirmed this is the final arc but boy does it feel like it.

Double-page supporter
If upper moon one is the man from chapter 99's flashback, then I don't know what to say. it is way too tragic and sad.

Users who are viewing this thread