Kimetsu no Yaiba

Power Uploader
@BigCoffee UM1 is most likely not the man in the flashback, but not for the reason you said. For all we know, the event in the flashback could be from hundreds of years ago as well.

It was never stated when the flashback was.
and MC's father said it was family tradition to learn it every generation. We dont know how many generations his family kept this up though

given that UM1 just mentioned that it's nostalgic to see demon hunter brothers, I suspect the man in the flashback is UM1's brother. And the man in the flashback's regret is that he couldn't prevent his brother from becoming a demon.

anyone saw the art collection of Kimetsu no yaiba?(sorry I am not English user)
[ according to the art collection, it is guessed that UM1 is the elder brother of the man in flashback, and UM1 is definitely a demon. In tradition, it should be the elder one to inherit the breath of sun, however, UM1 failed to succeed the breath of sun and created the breath of moon. Muzan's comment of UM1 is that UM1 is a trust-worthy business friend./spoiler]

Power Uploader
Not gonna lie, I'm not a fan of the name change. Can we go back to the original name and leave the Viz title in the alternative names section? MangaDex is an online manga reader that caters to all languages, so it doesn't make sense to use the US localization name as the main title, instead of the original name. Last time I check, we still have 5toubun and OreGairu pages on this site, instead of 'The Quintessential Quintuplets' and 'My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU'.
Both MangaUpdates and MAL entries simply use the original title Kimetsu no Yaiba, so I don't see any reason for this name change.
Edit: Thanks

How old is tanjiro? They never disclosed his age.
Theres alot of stuff that points to the fact that tanjiro and his sister might not be regular humans but some kind of long lived humans.

1. If upper moon 1 was the man in the flashback, at max, 3 generations of tanjiro's family would have spanned 300 years. Because his dad seems to know the man in the flashback.
2. Tanjiro doesn't age. He trained for years to cut that rock but he never aged one bit. After cutting his hair he looked exactly the same.
3.It would explain why nezuko was special besides "she didnt eat meat"
4.Their whole family lived secluded in the mountains with no neighbors at all. No one would notice they were somewhat immortal and it would make sense for them to choose to live there.

Fed-Kun's army
Welp, the sakuga in the latest anime episode made me want to read this manga. And now i'm already at chapter 74... pls god, somebody, STOP ME!!

@piconooby Tanjirou is currently 16. He was 13 when his family got slaughtered, trainned 2 years with the old man before becoming a Hunter, and from there it has passed at least 1 year if we add all the time skips that happens every time he's seriusly wounded and spend his time recovering and futher trainning

I wonder where the story will go after they defeated Muzan. Or will they even get to him in this arc?

Users who are viewing this thread