Kimetsu no Yaiba

Dex-chan lover
Humans in this manga are much more resilient than they are in real life. But not resilient enough

I like this manga and the character interactions, but by god it feels like it's nothing but one giant fight scene. It feels like each and every one drags out for about 20 chapters and it just getting so tiresome for me to read. It feels like barely any time has passed between the last one and when this one started and it's giving me serious doubts as to whether I want to keep reading it.

@Brimstone I think it would be much better when you read it in one go. I had mix feeling about Red Light District arc when it's on going with the exact reason as yours. But after the arc ended and I have time to binge read it again then ho boy that arc is a blast. If you feel tired reading week to week then I recommend waiting until the arc complete and binge read it. Many newer readers said the Red Light District arc is the best while who read it from week to week complain about how it's too long and too many unnecessary cliffhangers.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, in any manga where a single scene can last more than a chapter, it really is best to hold off and read in bursts. Even if you catch up on ten chapters at a time and still end up on cliffhangers, the cliffhangers do their job of making you wonder what'll happen next and help you remember what was going on when you come back, instead of making you hate the manga for leaving so many cliffhangers in a row.

For a more extreme example, look at Berserk's little boat arc.
It didn't actually take that up that many chapters itself (still a lot more than most manga spend on one arc, but it's Berserk), the problem was that cutting between the party and Griffith's side story meant people spent more time on feeling like the party was still on the boat then they did actually reading about what was happening on the boat, and by the end of it fifty-six chapters and seven fucking years had past.
Going back and reading those fifty-six chapters again, not all of them are on the boat so it doesn't really seem poorly paced, and it wraps itself up pretty nicely as part of the journey. It certainly takes a hell of a lot less than seven years to read, as well.

And we still get to see the ride back. :^)

Contributor
Wrote a review on this, here it is:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2017/03/24/kimetsu-no-yaiba/

I really like this series! I'm happy it's doing well, because it deserves that. It's a fine adventure manga with an amusing trio of protagonists. I like pretty much the entire cast.

Dex-chan lover
I can only imagine two things in this recent chapters:

1. The manga ends in a shitty note because the resolution is going to be way too convenient.

2. The main villain will send his goons to capture but they die one by one saturday morning cartoon style while he swans atop his tower waiting Ganondurfinsmirch style.

It's getting an anime in April, I don't know why they'd wanna axe before seeing sales for it.

MD@Home
Man, I started out not liking the mist pillar so much but he is working his way into my heart as a totally cool guy.

Fed-Kun's army
With the reveal from the recent chapter (128), I think that is a perfect future setup to give reason for a pillar betrayal. When they realized that they're not able to manifest the mark and thus are lacking in potential strength compared to those with the marks. Especially work well with pillar that want to be strong more than wanting to kill demons

this series is a bit too vague for my liking. I don't understand the mechanics to become stronger beyond breathing harder or breathing differently. The monsters are performing literal magic like trapping girls in cloth or teleporting between pots and we're expected to believe it has something to do with their mutant demon blood. We've never been given a proper explanation of how demons can do what they do, or why some characters are blessed with enhanced senses or strength. The MC is able to discern feelings from smell, which is as convenient as it is nonsensical. As of chapter 129, this manga is at a critical juncture. I hope the author lore-bombs us and that the tattoos have more significance beyond being a boost to physical strength/speed. If Tomioka's ability to null skills isn't linked to him already having a tattoo I will be mad. This series needs to introduce its equivalent of nen/chakra/ki/haki to keep my interest.

how is having nen/chakra/ki any less vague than this? It's basically the same.

How are demon hunters so strong? Because of magic breaths
How are heroes/pirates/shikigami/hunters so strong? Because of magic nen/fruit/haki/spirit power/nen

How are demons so strong? Because of magic blood
How are villains/quincy/whatever so strong? Because of magic nen/spirit/haki/fruit/spirit power/whatever

Tomioka's nullifying skills is just him cutting the attacks too fast the moment they get on his range of attack, not magic like you're implying.

Dex-chan lover
Cripes.. I knew this would happen. The series has a good villain setup, the guy has a goal and the one thing that prevents him from reaching it is missing hence his STD spread. Suddenly the goal is presented within arm's reach of the villain and then poof, he disappears for chapters. That guy, who would destroy his antagonists and prefers to do it sooner, is now swanning somewhere waiting. Oh I know it's going to have surprises after this filler is done, thank you very much but what shounen series doesn't have that?

Dex-chan lover
Damn
I read the whole manga in one go after hearing of the anime adaption.

This shit be good, too bad the first few dozen chapters are google translated, though.

Users who are viewing this thread