Kimi ga Niku ni Nattemo - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Runaway

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit. I knew Hina was messed up but I didn't think that far. That part where she almost threw up after seeing her friend die, I thought that was her humanity poking through to remind us she's weird but still more or less "normal," just processing this stuff in her own way. But nah, she's seriously messed up.

So now we know who the “real” monster is, damn. I thought like the previous commenter. Maybe that was only because that girl was *her* friend, someone Hima sees as a possession, much like the cat.

@sirflimflam It was told that the reason she felt so bad wasn't Kumi dying but that Maki didn't retain her sense of self-control. She saw that Maki wasn't herself while she was in that form and that made her upset and cry a little. Honestly the reason she was upset should have been Kumi and the other students getting eaten, but we're talking about a crazy yandere here. I guess she feels it's ok to kill people as long as she didn't know them. That poor nice OL :(

Dex-chan lover
Wow. I need to see the last few chapters now. I was not expecting her to start bringing "food".

Dex-chan lover
I thought it was only a matter of time before she resorted to this.

Dex-chan lover
A Monster girl, and
A girl with a monster heart

Which one is the real monster?

No, we are surprised at how fucked. That was a big escalation. Usually, you know, you see more buildup. I’m not asking for the Macdonald triad, but we also haven’t seen much about Hina’s situation.

My intuition is that commenter Halo is correct and Hina is neglected and/or abused at home. It’s always good to be analytical and thoughtful about depictions of abuse in media.

Users who are viewing this thread