Kimi ga Shinu Made Ato 100 Nichi - Ch. 7.1 - Take Caution Against Minori-chan (First Half)

Contributor
@Tcof what you said is "almost" correct. This stuff happens a lot in romance manga when the MC and FMC are not together and one of them is figuring out their feelings. And then the "best girl" comes and messes trying to declare war between her and the FMC for the MC. The reason everyone roots for the "best girl" is because she figures out her feelings for the MC way before the FMC and she is committed. In the end it's up to the MC to choose whom he wants to be and it's always the FMC cause, when he declares his feelings(around start) he didn't say he loves the "best girl", it's always was the FMC he loved and wants to be with. Also we all know "best girl" differs for everyone. For some it's the FMC and for some it's the rival who comes midway however, deep down in our heart we all know the male best friend is the "best girl" and the MC and he should get together.

@Purplelibraryguy
She may in theory raise a good point, but it's just sophistry in her case because frankly, she's lying like a rug about liking him herself.
It's still early to be sure if she is just messing around and it's all just for her fun. For all we know she might actually be in love with the MC. And all we know about her is based on the rumour FMC's friend heard, the way she reacted when she was cornered by boys showed she was pretty much a pushover and goes along with whatever other people say. Her standing up to the FMC and saying it to her face that she will steal "her boyfriend"(cause she is not sure if they are couple) might be because she is in love with MC. I'm not rooting for her to win or calling her the "best girl" however I am in complete agreement with her argument.
When you're crushing hard enough, you take what you can get.
And also you don't want that. Momentarily happiness always sucks when the larger reality struck that your lover doesn't even think you are their lover.

Dex-chan lover
There's also the dark realization that if Umi does die, and Rintarou is emotionally broken, he might become a recluse again.

Even worse is that Minori, assuming she is as was described and only dates men for her lust, may use that opportunity to take advantage of him in that emotionally fragile state, which would definitely be unhealthy...

Hopefully, the rumors are false and she does actually just have feelings for Rin as was implied earlier.

Dex-chan lover
@KAFi I don't buy it. The rumours are no doubt exaggerated to some extent. But first, we have direct evidence of a group of boys whose expectation is that normally she'd be going out to play with them. And second, she's just too calmly articulate about the whole thing to be feeling anything much.
As to what might suck in the end--that is largely immaterial. It's beside the point. Love is not about rational calculation of self-interest. And there's always the hope that, no matter what the person might feel when they say "yes", they'll come to love you once they've experienced being with you for a while. The hope may be realistic, it may be forlorn, but anyone really in love will clutch it like Captain Haddock clutching the last bottle of whisky.
And in this case, it seems to be happening--Umi-chan is actually being pushed significantly against her normal simple, open personality by her attachment to Rintarou.

Of course in the current case none of this matters. There is no way in hell Rintarou is going to leave a girl he has not only doted on for most of his life, not only feels that he owes whatever he has of a normal life to her, but who he thinks, with good reason, will inevitably soon die if he can't somehow find a way to keep her alive. The notion "this other girl I barely know may have feelings that are more conventionally romantic and/or might be willing to sex me up" is just not going to begin to count next to that.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, that girl is doing a good job in making our heroine realize how deep her feelings might actually be for our male MC XDDD Just what you'd expect from a "rival character".

Dex-chan lover
I want to hate her but I can’t because she presents such a good point and ultimately only has the MC’s well being at hand. She makes a solid argument, is trying to consider thing’s fro, the MC’s perspective, and acknowledges that it’s the MC’s choice who he dates, but believes he should date someone that truly and honestly loves him. She’s not trying to be mean or ignoring the mc’s feelings for the heroine, but instead forcing the heroine to confront her feelings and wanting the mc to be with someone that actually loves him back. GODDAMMIT. It’s like when you meet that one emotionless internet comment that writes a 50 page essay bringing up some very good points why your entire world view is wrong AND IS ALSO extremely polite about it and finishes with a “I’m not saying your belief is wrong, but you have to consider this”. You can’t be mad at them and they make some very good points, but you want to hate them for making you question your beliefs.

FUCK YOU BITCH. She's in love with him, she just doesn't know what romantic love is or how it feels so she can't properly determine whether she likes him that way. But you can definitely tell she LOVES him by the way she describes how she feels when she's around him. SO BACK OF BIATCH!!!

OR, she could be that side charecter who makes the main heroine realize how she really feels by acting like she's gonna take away the MC with her. If if she's not trying to really steal him then I guarantee you she's friends with the main heroines best friend that she always eats lunch with.

though she has good points, the way she says it makes her sound manipulative. She questions the FMC for her reasons and deconstruct it and yet didn’t even bring her own reasons up and be questioned for it.

Double-page supporter
This girl is flipping off all manga where characters compete for another characters love.
Love it!

Users who are viewing this thread