Kimi ga Shinu Made Koi wo Shitai - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - I'm Not Afraid Anymore

@Shtoops they explained in one of the early chapters that the collars they make the kids wear around their necks serve as a way to essentially get rid of their bodies when they die. She died due to her injuries, and then was essentially disintegrated by the collar so the enemy could not recover and study the body. This is also why there are never any bodies back at the school when they do their funeral services.

No wonder this war has been going on for so long, they use half trained child soldiers who barely make it through two missions before they are killed. It doesn't look like they are using much strategy in their fights either. What a tragedy the entire war is, so many needless lives lost over pure incompetence.

Aggregator gang
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR ? HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT WAS THE MOST DEPRESSING THING IVE SEEN ALL MONTH

Wow that's so sad. I knew she was going to die but I thought she would last at least another mission. Soo basically you only live if you're lucky that day. There's no formations or strategy. No wonder the war has been going on so long.

Dex-chan lover
Man this chapter really hit the acceleration pedal on what the fuck. Her poor girlfriends reaction is going to make me bawl my eyes out

Dex-chan lover
Since it's a tragedy genre it's most likely going to end up with everyone dying. Anyway I'm going to go viciously sob and eat ice cream

OK that just really stupid. She was bleeding everywhere and falling apart, is friends with an incredibly good healer, but didnt tell ANYONE that she was injured, and no one even noticed? Is this just the most incompetent army ever created in fiction? Considering how much work it takes to make every child a soldier its absurdly pointless just to let them die in arms reach of healing. Is there just zero coordination in this worlds combat? Do they just have the great doctrine of run at each other with sticks, die, then reconvene in 20? This type of world building honestly pisses me off XD. Authors who want to write a depressing war story but dont actually know anything about how war is fought.

And the solution is so simple too... dont show the fighting. Dont show the combat, dont show the ensuing deaths, just show the aftermath. Just the faux pity in the looks of a psychotic upper class who dont care for your life. It worked SO well with the second death in the series, IDK why the author didnt keep going with it.

Other than that, the story is excellent, (like, the aftermath to this chapter? Watching their reactions? Its great!) but I just get caught up in wondering how a world can be so shit at fighting while spending so long doing it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread