Kimi ga Shinu Made Koi wo Shitai - Vol. 6 Ch. 29.5 - Volume 6 Extras

Dex-chan lover
On page 33 of chapter 11 we see a list of names for duels, there it shows "14-07 C.mimi" and "14-19 L.ceylan", so her name is Ceylan (also Mimi's name starts with a C based on this and not a K). How does the official English translation also get this wrong??? It's one of the two names with explicit English translations within the manga's panels itself why did they also go with Seiran??? And they got the first letter of the other explicitly written in English name wrong too???

I don't know why I'm so mad about this.

Group Leader
On page 33 of chapter 11 we see a list of names for duels, there it shows "14-07 C.mimi" and "14-19 L.ceylan", so her name is Ceylan (also Mimi's name starts with a C based on this and not a K). How does the official English translation also get this wrong???
This is actually a good point. The only explanation I could come up with is that the writing in the list (and the actual language they are using in this world) is not Japanese nor English. I don't know what it is though ...

I also have this Melonbooks Bonus booklet that came back with Volume 1 of the manga (which included up to chapter 5), which indeed has Seiran written as Seiran ... so I think this is definitely the intended spelling of the name in Romaji/English.

But yes, all I can say that the setting of this series does not follow Japanese culture (e.g. actually calling each other by last name when they are close, and calling strangers by their first name, opposite of Japanese culture), so it's likely that actual spoken/written language isn't Japanese nor English.

Users who are viewing this thread