Kimi ga Shinu Made Koi wo Shitai - Ch. 35 - From Here On

Dex-chan lover
Well, they have yet to create the entry page on their homepage, so for now the only thing known is that they will release the first volume in February 2025: Since 2023 I haven't bought manga translations anymore, but I know by experience that even for the best selling series they use marketing schemes to release them periodically but at most bi-monthly (European publishers may release new volumes of the same series monthly), and when they're not (or no longer) best-sellers the pacing slows since no one can claim the publishing rights unless they sell them. So let me put as example two other yuri series:
https://kodansha.us/series/yuri-is-my-job/ + https://kodansha.us/series/whisper-me-a-love-song/
Just by looking at the release date, you can appreaciate how at the beggining they were consistent but after the first volumes it took longer and longer to release another one. I can tell you that it wasn't because the Japanese version was yet to be published, but rather they paced like that because it's more likely to sell and in the meantime manga readers can try other series of the same publisher. Even if they start releasing bi-monthly, after some time they'll switch to once four or even six month, yearly worst case, and considering we're currently at volume 8 the sooner you could expect they reach this volume is Summer. The other two yuri series sold better and yet they became slow paced ones, and I can tell you that by the time they released the 8th volume of Sasakoi and the 12th of Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! the volumes 9th and 13th respectively were released one week before for Sasakoi and more than three months for Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu!. And yes, they usually wait around a year to release the following volume, and intentionally they don't try to catch up. Only shonen series or similar get nowadays simulpubs (of each chapter) and volume releases not too distant from the Japanese release.
I already explained this for another series, so keep it as a reference for further series. It's one of the reasons I'd like @sikachu to keep doing this series even if the publisher naggs them. I know by experience that some authors are pleased that their works are being translated unofficially because more than income they value getting more readers. One example would be the author of Futari Escape, who is really approachable and even lent a Comittia book to Knight Heron for them to scanlate it, since he knows that nobody publish that overseas.

Thats a lot to take in but thanks 😊
I thought they were only asking for your profile picture's source :nyoron:

(which is https://mangadex.org/title/7daf8dd0-6cc0-4b8f-8af0-a330af9a9bd5/futari-escape)
Yes 🤣 lol but that's alright I quoted/ replied the wrong one

But look I have another yuri to read ❤👍

Dex-chan lover
Thats a lot to take in but thanks 😊

Yes 🤣 lol but that's alright I quoted/ replied the wrong one

But look I have another yuri to read ❤👍
@sikachu Well, in that case it was quite misleading, as that quote was regarding KimiShinu and I don't use that kind of slang (pfp in this case, I simply disregarded it since it doesn't make sense to me but according Urban Dictionary is profile picture) I simply assumed Niphy wanted me to justify what I was saying. Normally people ask me in private things unrelated to the thread I'm commenting, like said profile picture, so yes, go and read Futari Escape (at first I was the one doing the redrawing for that series).

I just took a quick scan at the latest raw chapter. I feel like melting because they are so cute 🥹

I’m looking forward to the new scanslation from the subteam.

Part of me is actually quite content with the next part not being out yet. I came here for the yuri and got it, with only a few sad things in between. I'm certain if the next part was out (or translated, I'm not sure) I would be devastated, so I think I'm going to look the other way before that happens. I've already seen read one tragedy today begrudgingly, my heart can't take another. :notlikethis:
Aside from that, I love this manga. I love the fluff parts of it especially. Thank you for the translations. :salute:

I actually like Haru's and Mimi's friendship a lot. Because they're both outcasts for reasons outside of their control, they are despite all of their differences on a weirdly equal standing, and I love for both of them that they have somebody who they can just mess around with and be their unfiltered self around.

Users who are viewing this thread