Kimi Janakya Dame na Dorei Shoujo - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - If the Slave Would Change Her Clothes

Supporter
Page nine: if he doesn't know what that reaction was, I hope he's going into podiatry or something.

Yeh

I'm incredibly annoyed by the language barrier trope. It's bad writing to have a one-way language barrier, where the woman understands everything but can't say anything, just make her mute or something if she ain't gonna say shit

Dex-chan lover
Finally a manga character who googles shit they don't know. I feel like in 80+% of cases the character just goes like "you can't trust info online" and refrains from even looking. Like, yeah, not ALL info online is trustworthy but if you're looking up how to water a plant, the likelihood that you're gonna get led completely astray is very small, especially if you read a couple of different articles and compare them.

Dex-chan lover
I'm incredibly annoyed by the language barrier trope. It's bad writing to have a one-way language barrier, where the woman understands everything but can't say anything, just make her mute or something if she ain't gonna say shit
If she's mute, it wouldn't make sense for her to gradually learn to use the language, which I guess is a plot device the author wants to use. Certainly, there's no clear explanation for why she understands him right away, but I don't think it's a big deal. There are other ways an author can fuck up the writing that have much worse consequences for the story imo.

Users who are viewing this thread