Kimi no Koe - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Because It's Love, Because of Love

Dex-chan lover
It's so heartbreaking reading this manga sometimes, especially the last two chapters, we just want Nana and Kyogoku to be happy, c'mon! Give us 30 chapters of their lives being happy, not this amount of drama, no one care about this blond mf, this guy should just root in hell for all we care. "Oh, he suffered" bu-hu, so did Nana and Kyogoku.
The author can write such heartwarming and beautiful (and really freaking heartwrecking things too as now or in the previous works) things and put on the art so amazingly, I never get why the need of such drama plots... And that almost kiss, serious?? Anyway... C'mon Kyogoku go save Nana!! Hope the next chapter don't take 2 years to be released... :(
That's why i don't really care about this blonde dude, i just can't sympathy for him

Dex-chan lover
That's why i don't really care about this blonde dude, i just can't sympathy for him
Yes, I completely agree with you. It seems like at this point, he's more of a stereotypical Yandere character, who's obsessed with his own feelings and desires rather than Nana's well-being. According to Baruch Spinoza's definition of love, true love involves an affirmation of the value and goodness of the beloved, and a willingness to act in a way that promotes their autonomy and well-being. This character's actions towards Nana seem to be driven more by his own selfish desires than by a genuine concern for her happiness. Whenever I encounter these kinds of romance stories, I can't help but think about Spinoza's ideas on love and how important it is to truly value and respect the other person in any kind of relationship.

Spinoza believed that love should be expressed in a way that respects the freedom and well-being of the beloved. Love is not about possessing or controlling the other person, but about recognizing and appreciating their inherent value and goodness. If we truly love someone, we will want them to be happy and fulfilled, even if that means letting them go or making sacrifices for their sake.

So, if you try to do whatever it takes to have someone by your side even if that person does not want to, Spinoza would not consider that to be a true expression of love. It would be more akin to an attempt at possession or control, which is not compatible with the kind of love, but of hatred instead.

It sounds like this character's love is more about himself than the other person, and that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread