Kimi no Koe - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - Farewell, My Dearest

Dex-chan lover
I've said it before.

It's always cutest shoujo manga that have the most sadistic authors.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda started wondering why everyone’s patience was wearing thin (myself included) so I went through the chapters to see when the last time the two were truly together.

It was chapter 14.

9 out of 23 chapters ago.

On top of that, it was released over a year ago from the posting of this chapter, so readers have been waiting an irl year for this couple to be reunited. And this isn’t like complaining about the lack of romance progress in My Dress-Up Darling. There, the cosplay is the A plot and romance is the B plot, but here, the A plot is the romance. People go into a romance manga with the expectation of seeing interactions and developments between the leading couple, so when over a third of that manga is spent with that couple being forced apart, it‘s no wonder there’s a strain on the audience’s tolerance

Dex-chan lover
This should have been wrapped in 3 volumes tops. It’s simply a fatiguing read now.
sadly, I'm with you, the past work had sadness... a bunch of it, but it was well paced, this arc is stretching... a loooot

Dex-chan lover
Ridiculously evil cartoonist villain, retarded soap opera plot, at this point I won't even feel happy about the two of them ending together.

Dex-chan lover
lol started this trainwreck today and holy shit did I start skimming early.
Why in holy hell is this rated so high? It starts out as an 8, sure, but it sure did tumble down to sub 5 garbage.
The thing is it started very very well. For those of us who were following it in it's early stages, we can tell you how loved it was, and we rated it highly. Some probably just didn't change their ratings since then. It was literally one of my favorite ongoing manga, until the author decided to pull all this random crap. Now I just dread seeing where the story's going.

Dex-chan lover
I thought the story took a turn for the worse with the amnesia arc, but holy hell I didn't think it would go so far as this...

Users who are viewing this thread