Kimi wa Meido-sama - Vol. 5 Ch. 38 - You are our Holy Mother

Dex-chan lover
Still more sane than some idol fans...
True. The idol world is scary.
Shue is basically an idol in the criminal world, she should've started streaming to help bring the dough to this household
I had the same thoughts lol. They probably have their own underworld wide web with popularity rankings and stuff. Assassin streamer debut time!

Dex-chan lover
The translation's a bit rough, to the point where there are some bits that I think might be saying the exact opposite of what they do in the raws. On page 10, for example, "A world without dangerous people" seems like it's directly contradicting what Hiteyoshi's thoughts were leading up to. I'd imagine it was supposed to be something more like "A world full of dangerous people", since that follows more logically from lead-in.

Now, granted, I haven't actually seen the raws, and wouldn't be able to understand what they said even if I were to see them, but From the context of what was translated and what I've read so far I'm pretty confident about the conclusion I've reached.

Group Leader
The translation's a bit rough, to the point where there are some bits that I think might be saying the exact opposite of what they do in the raws. On page 10, for example, "A world without dangerous people" seems like it's directly contradicting what Hiteyoshi's thoughts were leading up to. I'd imagine it was supposed to be something more like "A world full of dangerous people", since that follows more logically from lead-in.

Now, granted, I haven't actually seen the raws, and wouldn't be able to understand what they said even if I were to see them, but From the context of what was translated and what I've read so far I'm pretty confident about the conclusion I've reached.
Proofreader here! I might’ve overlooked that part which is on me, context wise looking back you are right. I think as proofreading I was focused more on the accuracy of the translations. Thank you for pointing that out though, I’ll be sure to look out for small errors like so! Well it’s not technically a error, both mean the same just slightly better phrasing!

If you have any other added comments about translations it’s much better to talk it up on discord and reach out to the translator themselves so they can learn the fluency of the context better. 😊

Dex-chan lover
Proofreader here! I might’ve overlooked that part which is on me, context wise looking back you are right. I think as proofreading I was focused more on the accuracy of the translations. Thank you for pointing that out though, I’ll be sure to look out for small errors like so! Well it’s not technically a error, both mean the same just slightly better phrasing!

If you have any other added comments about translations it’s much better to talk it up on discord and reach out to the translator themselves so they can learn the fluency of the context better. 😊
"both mean the same just slightly better phrasing" I'm not sure what you're talking about here.
"A world without dangerous people" and "A world full of dangerous people" are diametrically opposed statements. They mean the exact opposite of each other.

Also, the text box immediately before that has an error, too. It says "It was a world that I only existed in movies", when I think you guys mean to say something like "...that I thought only existed..." or "...that I believed only existed...".

Group Leader
"both mean the same just slightly better phrasing" I'm not sure what you're talking about here.
"A world without dangerous people" and "A world full of dangerous people" are diametrically opposed statements. They mean the exact opposite of each other.

Also, the text box immediately before that has an error, too. It says "It was a world that I only existed in movies", when I think you guys mean to say something like "...that I thought only existed..." or "...that I believed only existed...".
Ah I see thank you for pointing that out we will be sure to look at it more thoroughly next time!

Users who are viewing this thread