Kimi wa Shoujo

Contributor
Don't abandon this serie please, complete it, so close. >_>

Contributor
Someone so nice to translate the last chapter, can be appreciated.

Contributor
@RaidaLove - Thanks a lot mate, finally someone complete it.
Liked this whole short story, hope to see more yuri from this author in future, was very good for her debut manga, simple but at the same time deep.

Double-page supporter
Nice story, but behind the fluffiness, it’s a messed up premise. Still an 8, because the protagonist’s emotional journey is heart wrenching and the art is great.

And about what’s messed up, read on. Might be worth it as a trigger warning too.

Way to excuse raping a minor. That is not okay!

Fed-Kun's army
I am kind off on the fence with this one. Sometimes the dialogue is so vague I can't tell, if they are talking about love or lust.
Still a great story about some of the more confusing things about growing up, like when your heart can't keep up with your body. Or wanting to be an adult or not a child anymore. Could have lived without the
exploitation of a minor in the form of rape
though.

One of the better yuri stories i've read simply because its a pretty messed up premise due to the obvious age difference (no matter how sweetly its written, its still statutory rape). Plus its left open rather it was really love or just lust between a high school who really don't know any better and an older woman whos obviously lonely. The mental conflict of such a relationship is played in a somewhat believable way, too

if anyone cares the age of consent is 13 in japan, as low as it is in some states in the US. you can be married in utah and alabama at 14. i liked this story

Double-page supporter
Strange story, with at least for unsatisfying ending. It has an end, but there are at least to me arcs opened that had no closure. And the protagonists behaved rough and somewhat out of character. What can be explained away by the content of their relationship. But no matter how i turn it. They aren't lobotomized human robots.

The art is a 7/10 (-1 points for the noses)
The story a 6/10 see points above. It had a bit more potential and if executed right it would be one or two grades higher.

If you have to pontificate on technicalities around the age of consent it means you recognize on some level that this is pedophilia and want to use legal authority to counteract the social backlash. That aside, this story is about a rape and the fallout it had for a young girl. Viewed through that lens it isn't horrible but just know that.

Huh... I like this more than I thought I would with how short it was. But 6 chapter was just perfect to convey the feeling and depth of the story.

Dex-chan lover
I was waiting for the context that would explain how the story come become morally somewhat okay or at least less bad. That context never came and then it ended.

When you think about it, this is a story of a 30-year-old woman who sexually assaults a 14-year-old girl, then skips town rather than deal with the potential consequences. Then that woman goes off to become a famous author and credits the assault she committed as her inspiration for writing. That's... awful.

I guess the only positive thing I can say is that this is a more realistic example of age gap yuri relationships than 90%+ of manga. The problem with that is I don't think anyone actually wanted a heavily realistic examination of an age gap relationship, especially when the age gap is huge (she is literally over twice her age) and the relationship is forcibly created by the older party.

aah..ending's not even clear, i wish it ended better..
anyway,its good..

Users who are viewing this thread