Kimi wa Yakamashi Tojite yo Kuchi o! - Ch. 40

Dex-chan lover
Wouldn't pulling your coat/blouse over your head be more helpful than hands? As far as I can see, it's meant to protect from falling glass shards and such, if the windows happen to shatter. I wouldn't really know since earthquake drills don't exist over here. Because earthquakes don't really happen here, unless you count the kind that might make your tea cups rattle in your cupboard in the worst case scenario, once in a few decades.

Dex-chan lover
Awww no inner monologue on how dashing our boi was, helping her and all. Oh well, can't wait for next chapter.

Double-page supporter
i feel like 40 chapters is the benchmark where a series goes from being registered as relatively short by me to somewhat meaty.

and here we are.

Dex-chan lover
Shouldn't the teacher make sure something like a deaf girl not taking cover doesn't happen?
Japan doesn't have a great track record in how they handle people with disabilities. The teachers doing nothing to help Hiiragi is fairly realistic, unfortunately.
Wouldn't pulling your coat/blouse over your head be more helpful than hands? As far as I can see, it's meant to protect from falling glass shards and such, if the windows happen to shatter. I wouldn't really know since earthquake drills don't exist over here. Because earthquakes don't really happen here, unless you count the kind that might make your tea cups rattle in your cupboard in the worst case scenario, once in a few decades.
In an actual emergency you won't have time to take your coat/blouse off to cover your head, so you do what's possible to do quickly, which is covering your head with your hands. The kids aren't doing it properly in this chapter, you should put your hands over your head and look downward to help protect your face, especially your eyes. Your arms protect your face from glass flying in from the sides that way.

Japan has a lot of earthquakes, although most aren't severe enough to cause windows to shatter. I spent two weeks there and experienced two earthquakes.

Users who are viewing this thread