Kimitte Watashi no Koto Suki Nandesho? - Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
if no cheating has to be established as a rule then 😟😟😟😟
Unfortunately sometimes people have different standards for dating. You can be "seeing" multiple people when you're deciding who to date.

I don't like it and don't agree with it but some people do. Its why using words is important.

Dex-chan lover
#1) Japan's neck nape fetish is weird.

#2) It's hilarious that the country that gave us "the moon is beautiful" as a literary substitute for saying "I love you" because the latter was deemed to direct and being so blunt with your feelings was considered gauche and has their entire language built on a densely stratified and multi-faceted form of interaction that takes it as a point of pride to almost never say something directly when you can dance around the topic and expect the other person to figure it out is going to sit there and say it's "bizarre" that confessions don't exist the same way in the west and that they express their feelings through actions and signals instead of straightforward words.

#3) the "let's go by Japanese style dating rules" as a direct response to suggesting that they not see other people makes it sound like everywhere else is a free-for-all orgy where everyone just screws around until they settle down with someone. Most people I know are the types that if they found out a new partner was still seeing other people even in the very opening stages of a potential relationship would probably dump that person and move on. There's no "open" trial period before you start dating unless you're a player/cad, and I've read enough manga to know those types exist in Japanese media too.

We're at 6 chapters and I'm still not 100% sure what I think of this series. It annoys the hell out of me in some places but I still keep on reading it.

Basically.

Decided to drop it after the nape thing, but kept reading the chapter and I knew I made the right choice.

Dex-chan lover
Enter, Kyou no Go no Ni with collarbones:
kngnn01-05.JPG

Find me like 10 more titles that ruin their pants over collarbones and then we can talk :p The thing about the neck nape fetish that gets me is how universal and widespread it is in spite of being a very random and "unusual" body part. It's not an obvious fetish target like boobs or butts, or even a secondary one like legs, hips, hands, or if you wanna go even more out there, bellies/abs.

Like the only sort of thing that would rival it for me was if we found out that apropos of nothing somewhere like Venezuela really likes that little bit of curling over cartilage at the top of your ear (and only that little bit)

Supporter
Find me like 10 more titles that ruin their pants over collarbones and then we can talk :p The thing about the neck nape fetish that gets me is how universal and widespread it is in spite of being a very random and "unusual" body part. It's not an obvious fetish target like boobs or butts, or even a secondary one like legs, hips, hands, or if you wanna go even more out there, bellies/abs.

Like the only sort of thing that would rival it for me was if we found out that apropos of nothing somewhere like Venezuela really likes that little bit of curling over cartilage at the top of your ear (and only that little bit)
Oh I can readily admit that KGN is the only source I have for collar bones; but that still can't stop it from being a stranger part fetish than neck napes.

Dex-chan lover
from Where can I read the LN ? I heard it got axed in just vol 2 ?
Ebook versions of Volume 1 and 2 can be purchased at tentaibooks.com. If you can, I'd suggest purchasing them from there to support official licensing and translation. They are DRM free and can be read on anything that has an ereader.

From what I've found it hasn't been axed perse as the author afterward on volume 2 made it seem like another book was forthcoming. Hopefully they will be able to continue the story in the manga.

Dex-chan lover
if no cheating has to be established as a rule then 😟😟😟😟
That’s prolly because a lot of people don’t consider that “dating”, they simply consider it dates but not dating

Drk how to explain it but it’s better to not cause confusion, and it was more so to quell it than to not cause it for what I’m assuming is pretty glaring insecurities he has that she picked up on

I just really really hope this “no cheating” and “you can’t check out other girls” thing (while in themselves being acceptable requests) isn’t a foreshadowing for triangles and embarrassingly misunderstood situations just for the sake of Drama.

Dex-chan lover
#3) the "let's go by Japanese style dating rules" as a direct response to suggesting that they not see other people makes it sound like everywhere else is a free-for-all orgy where everyone just screws around until they settle down with someone.
That's basically dating in The West...

Minus the settling down...

I just really really hope this “no cheating” and “you can’t check out other girls” thing (while in themselves being acceptable requests) isn’t a foreshadowing for triangles and embarrassingly misunderstood situations just for the sake of Drama.
On the same page, the foreshadowing is not looking good. I’m not expecting much from this manga, other than to kill time, but I’ll drop it if that happens. Especially with how much of a loser the mc is, and how weird his Senpai is with this weird trial boyfriend thing. Could have just asked him out and we could cut the bullsh*t.

It's a cute manga and all, but if you start dating someone in real life and they say "we don't need to set boundaries it makes it more exciting!" You need to dump them immediately.

Preferably off the side of a cliff.

#1) Japan's neck nape fetish is weird.

#2) It's hilarious that the country that gave us "the moon is beautiful" as a literary substitute for saying "I love you" because the latter was deemed to direct and being so blunt with your feelings was considered gauche and has their entire language built on a densely stratified and multi-faceted form of interaction that takes it as a point of pride to almost never say something directly when you can dance around the topic and expect the other person to figure it out is going to sit there and say it's "bizarre" that confessions don't exist the same way in the west and that they express their feelings through actions and signals instead of straightforward words.

#3) the "let's go by Japanese style dating rules" as a direct response to suggesting that they not see other people makes it sound like everywhere else is a free-for-all orgy where everyone just screws around until they settle down with someone. Most people I know are the types that if they found out a new partner was still seeing other people even in the very opening stages of a potential relationship would probably dump that person and move on. There's no "open" trial period before you start dating unless you're a player/cad, and I've read enough manga to know those types exist in Japanese media too.

We're at 6 chapters and I'm still not 100% sure what I think of this series. It annoys the hell out of me in some places but I still keep on reading it.
On point #3 I think this might just be a terminology thing. In my experience you can flirt, go out on dates, sleep together, and so forth without being exclusive to each other because you haven't made it "official" yet. I think this is what they're calling the "pre-dating" period. I don't think we have a word for it really. You wouldn't say you're dating the person. You might say you've been "seeing" them, but keep it kind of vague. You might not necessarily want to think about the other person seeing other people, but you're not expecting fidelity, nor are you practicing it yourself. Once you've decided to make it "official" and start dating for real, then it's a whole other story. That's when you expect them to stop seeing anyone else.
A "confession", actually saying "I love you", won't even be considered until you've started officially dating.
Admittedly it's been a while since I've been involved in any of that so my views may be out of date, a relic from sluttier times.

Edit: and for the record I totally get the neck fetish. I'm all in on napes.

Dex-chan lover
On point #3 I think this might just be a terminology thing. In my experience you can flirt, go out on dates, sleep together, and so forth without being exclusive to each other because you haven't made it "official" yet. I think this is what they're calling the "pre-dating" period. I don't think we have a word for it really. You wouldn't say you're dating the person. You might say you've been "seeing" them, but keep it kind of vague. You might not necessarily want to think about the other person seeing other people, but you're not expecting fidelity, nor are you practicing it yourself. Once you've decided to make it "official" and start dating for real, then it's a whole other story. That's when you expect them to stop seeing anyone else.
A "confession", actually saying "I love you", won't even be considered until you've started officially dating.
Admittedly it's been a while since I've been involved in any of that so my views may be out of date, a relic from sluttier times.

Edit: and for the record I totally get the neck fetish. I'm all in on napes.
You're describing the "talking stage", and it describes almost every "relationship" in the West these days. This is literally the most degenerate time in history.

sadly, it's most likely what is going to happen, and i feel like it will happen with both of them y'know, the annoying love rival thing

Aggregator gang
3 days in the relationship?? My brother in christ its been 2 months since the last chapter 💀

If I had a nickel for every time a really good manga got to chapter 6, and then just suddenly stopped, I'd have 2 nickels, which isn't a lot but weird that it happened twice.
1. Saihate ni Madou
2. Kimi tte Watashi no koto suki nandesho

Users who are viewing this thread