Kine-san no 1-ri de Cinema - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - Fight Club

Dex-chan lover
Flashbacks to cringe-ass Myspace and Livejournal blogging. Except this is worse. This is cringe-ass Angelfire and Geocities blogging.

WARNING: EXTREMELY KINO CAMERA ANGLE. BRAVO ASAI
saxqaw.png

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
She said coming out of the closet?!?! is that a HINT?!?! lmao seriously tho this gave me cringe of myspace and shit back in the day but what was up with that nice ASS shot lol

Me

Dex-chan lover
It's okay, Machiko, we've all been there.
Some of us were fortunate enough to have our dark histories erased when services went offline or data was lost. Others must live with their mistakes.
And damn, but your composure is amazing. Completely unflappable exterior.

(I thank my stars that that monstrous triple-series crossover fanfic I created never made it out onto the 'tubes. I had time to realize that it was actually kind of awful.)

Mary and the Witch Flower is not a Ghibli movie dumass. Yeah, I know it's Yonebashi movie but it's not a Ghibli movie.

Dex-chan lover
My favorite Ghibli movie is definitely, “Giant God Warrior Appears in Tokyo.” Such a classic.

Contributor
The dusts of internet past have largely cleaned up accounts, and I got a good dicotomy going between several accounts. Though hah Social media will never reach my real name.

Fed-Kun's army
"Image of Karl Marx, watching from death, how Lenin and Stalin interpreted The Capital"

Dex-chan lover
Actually, "off-peak" here has nothing to do with cell phones or plans. She's talking about landline rates, possibly long-distance landline rates. It was very common even in the US circa 1999 for your landline phone to have multiple rates for both local and long-distance calling, but very much more so for long-distance. Cell phones were beginning to become common at this point, however they weren't really suitable for any sort of data transmission at this point in time beyond simple text messaging.

Source is me; I graduated from HS in 99, knew lots of folks who had to deal with this because their parents had cheap landline phone service.

Me

Dex-chan lover
Oh shit. I just realized. A couple days ago, I told someone they had to watch a movie for homework. This comic is affecting me.

I am become Kine, destroyer of films.

In my defense, it was The Rocketeer. That movie is fantastic.

Dex-chan lover
Except for only watching movies alone and only in theaters, I personally agree with Kine's rules. I try not to impose those rules on others, but I'm sure I've been pretty insufferable on any number of occasions.

Dex-chan lover
@pajamawolfie That actually is not true, there are countless YouTube videos for example which have disappeared from the face of the earth.

• meguuusad

Users who are viewing this thread