Kingdom - Ch. 641 - A Pressing Issue

Dex-chan lover
"A name whose feat would become legend". Hmm try as I may I can't seem to find a character that would fit Shin's position, is he a real character even?

Double-page supporter
@Carmichael Li Xin (李信) was a general of Qin during the Warring States era. Li Xin is primarily known for his role in assisting Qin Shi Huang in his conquest of the six Warring States. Aside from his career in the Warring States campaigns, he is also a fifth generation ancestor of the Han dynasty "Flying General" Li Guang. -wiki

Even though I knew he was Li Xin IRL I thought for sure he was gonna go with Hyou as a family name

Fed-Kun's army
So that's how they deal with Shin being from the same clan as Riboku.

@Carmichael Shin (Li Xin) actually existed, though by all accounts he wasn't that famous or legendary. Hata probably chose him precisely because we didn't know much about him. Hell, Ouhon and Mouten were probably more historically relevant than Shin.

Fed-Kun's army
Finally after years of hardship Shin become a General not a Great General yet. Li Xin/Ri Shin sounds a cool name.

Fun fact: Shin descendant Li Guang were Flying General during Western Han dynasty. Also Tang Dynasty Emperors claim to be descendant of Li Xin.

Dex-chan lover
we already know he's li xin historically.

the big question is, do we know if he's married to kyoukai, ten, or both?

Dex-chan lover
@Mogima

Been ages: IIRC Historically Kyoukai ended up fighting against him, But that doesn't mean that it will happen here, afterall the mangaka hasn't exactly followed into the footsteps of history, just look at the 'Death of General of the wall/Heki' shenanigan.

Translation of names: Japanese <-> Chinese

https://kingdom.fandom.com/wiki/Translation_of_Names

Fed-Kun's army
@Mogima

I think it'll be Kyoukai because Shin treat Karyo Ten like his sister. But, i don't like the idea of romance in this shounen manga.

Well, I guess this bypasses the potential family drama that Ri Shin (Li Xin) comes from the same clan that Ri Boku (Li Mu) comes from, however distantly related they are.

Dex-chan lover
They really hit us with those panels of the lady wondering where Shousa is. And then Kyogai lightens the mood by trying to possess Bihei.

I actually got jebaited by the house joke. Of course Shin wouldn't give a shit if he lived in a shack. It was pretty adorable how he was too distracted by the child chanting "general" to listen to Garo's drunken rant.

He actually tried to pick the same last name as Sei, the madman. It's kind of ironic how he ultimately went with the same last name as his mortal enemy. I wonder if he got the connection but went with it anyway because Hyou's legacy is more important.

Dex-chan lover
Oh well, too bad. Riboku can't pop out and say "I'm your uncle" now.

Users who are viewing this thread