Kingdom - Ch. 663 - Rumors of Kyoukai

Dex-chan lover
@jestervae indeed, do you like football? I think the easier comparison/analogy is like this, if normal people play football (farmer/common soldier) vs Messi & Ronaldo (general: Moubu, Shin, etc), who will win?

@jestervae I completely agree on the almost superhero-like strength of generals in this manga, its part of its charm .
However the Bushin-godcaller stuff just deviates from that. Soldiers already viewed their monstrous generals as magical and god-like, and that same viewpoint encouraged them to follow their generals to the very end. What does a magical priestess assassin bring to the table? Aside from momentary awe and fear and confusion? Nothing. They dont inspire their men, their powers inspire awe, not admiration or fighting spirit. This can even be counter-productive as it leads to over-reliance as the men would just expect the deus ex machina to come and massacre the enemies instead of doing their best to follow their generals.

this shin army should copy shin method to their own task, spearhead to enemies!! and then when all of them go together, they went with one big arrow thrust enemy barricade. fck I'm hallucinating.

deus ex machina alert lmao
how many does this make it in the last 100 chapters? like 3 maybe even 4?
the author’s not even trying at this point, but whatever i’m in too deep

Dex-chan lover
That "ton tan tan... was it?" makes me think she is faking the Priestess Dance, and the only members from Kyoukai's clan that can achive the same power as in the Dance without actually using the Dance, as Yuu Ren explained when she fought against Kyoukai, are the ones who have overcome the Ritual: the Shiyuu.

Dunno if she came to help Kyoukai or to kill her as payback for killing a Shiyuu tho.

People should realized that if it weren't for these filler stories there'd be A LOT of time skips in this portion of the story. I know that's probably what a lot of prople want but there's still a good amount character development that needs to he done. Maybe there'll be a few important deaths that weren't explained in history that the author wants to cover. Maybe it really is just staling or the author taking liberties with the undocumented parts of history but oh well, he's the author and this is a drama fictionalization of events and we gotta deal with that.

Power Uploader
@Bluejayx Tbh, to me it is not really that there are filler chapters but how the filler chapters are spent. We really need an arc that they rest, recruit more men, get some fancy weapons for a couple of units, and flesh out the characters. For me, at the moment I don't know much about the sub-commanders and if some of them died I would not really feel anything. We need to develop the people in Shin his army. Some backstory or stuff they want to accomplish. Getting a bit tired of going from one fight to the next and then the next without an end. Or that is my feeling on it.

I get that feeling but I also feel like that's not the author's style, from what the manga tells the author prefer to have development through flashbacks or have readers piece together the personalities throughout the manga. As for weapons Shin is already good to go honestly and I doubt the sub commanders will ever get back stories since we'd grow to expect that from the manga then the story would be 90% backstory. I also doubt we'll get another recruitment until/if Kyou Kai gets promoted to general. I get that battle after battle is tiring but that's what that era was.

Users who are viewing this thread