Kingdom - Ch. 779 - Obstacle Incarnate

Contributor
Still very much calling it that overconfidence will be his downfall here against Shin. Even when he acknowledges Shin here, he's still underestimating him. Good set of chapters though, glad you lads released them both at once because the cliffhanger of 778 would have been the end of me otherwise lmao.

Dex-chan lover
You thought teleporting armies were bad? How about TELEPORTING FORTS?! Sasuga Riboku-sama! What a genius plan totally depending on his skill as a strategist!
Also loved the "Ri Shin is the most troublesome man on the battlefield, and it's for him I made this entire ridiculous trap... but he's not worth killing lmao are you kidding me?"
FUCK YOU REEBOK
FUCK
YOU
scouting does not exist clearly zhao was able to prevent every single forward scout from seeing anything because this was part of riboku's plan. i dunno why I still read this stuff when it just usually pisses me off w/ dumb shit lmao.

Are Qin's scouts blind or Zhao anti-spies strategies just that good. It shouldnt be possible that they failed to scout out an man made fortress. Maybe it is new and not in their maps, but come on . . . It's already baffling they can spawn men from nowhere without being detected, but entire forts?
Qin scouts probably can't detect the fortress, because riboku harass any scout that comes to the area, remember Zhao northern cavalry are superior to Qin cavalry

Dex-chan lover
Are Qin's scouts blind or Zhao anti-spies strategies just that good. It shouldnt be possible that they failed to scout out an man made fortress. Maybe it is new and not in their maps, but come on . . . It's already baffling they can spawn men from nowhere without being detected, but entire forts?
probably their spy network and anti scouts are good. Naki/Kankis bandits also died last battle so Shins scout patrol has been weakened considerably

Dex-chan lover
People probably already forgot this because it's been a long time since it was mentioned, but Ousen's original special trick was to build a fortress in the middle of nowhere overnight. Riboku is just doing his own version of this.

Now I see how Shins group lives and Heki can pass the torch or survive. They are away from the battle and are able to flee.

Dex-chan lover
The wide ass flat af terrain has plot holes. Plot holes big and deep enough for forts to hide in

Fed-Kun's army
“Har har, little did you know silly Qin, my TRUE target, was actually Ri Shin of the Hi Shin unit! Har har har, actually little did you know silly Qin, my true TRUE target, was Ousen, commander in chief of the Qin army! I bet no one saw this coming, har har har” twirls goofy evil mustache

Banned
2 chapters and our boy is still alive and we all still waiting for riboku to die.

Fed-Kun's army
This is just bad thinking. Riboku can easily find out via spies or just thinking up similar formations how to counter them, and plan your battles accordingly. That's the whole point of being a strategist; you are moves ahead of your opponent, not behind.
I think my issue is less with riboku knowing counter strategies and more about how that information is automatically transferred to every single one of his officers. Sure, maybe he did find the time to train every single one of them with every possible scenario, but that makes it feel silly that his plans are never get leaked beforehand.

Double-page supporter
I just realized that this fortress is probably what heki and the captured qin soldiers were forced to work on while enslaved this whole time wow

Double-page supporter
I can't help but think this fortress is bad news as in them hiding in it to stall Shin is just one small part of his plan. Riboku may have planned Shin to actually bring a sizeable force to go after him then there may be one or two more tricks to the fortress itself. It may be a death trap that was meant to kill Shin or they may stall Shin for a long time while Riboku exits on another side through a underground tunnel and do the same killing stroke tactic again on a unexpected angle, like perhaps behind Ousen and flank him.

Dex-chan lover
I think my issue is less with riboku knowing counter strategies and more about how that information is automatically transferred to every single one of his officers. Sure, maybe he did find the time to train every single one of them with every possible scenario, but that makes it feel silly that his plans are never get leaked beforehand.
No, he doesn't train them for every possible scenario, he trains them for the most likely scenarios. It's like the flu shot; there are hundreds if not thousands of strains, it cant protect you against all of them, so it protects you against the most common strains for that year. For the lay soldier, it's just a different formation, which doesn't take long to learn at all. For the officers, while they are privy to more knowledge, it's been shown time and again that they don't grok it fully and are just obeying orders recieved beforehand, then having to adapt on the fly (and failing) when Shin messes those plans up somehow.

Dex-chan lover
I can't help but think this fortress is bad news as in them hiding in it to stall Shin is just one small part of his plan. Riboku may have planned Shin to actually bring a sizeable force to go after him then there may be one or two more tricks to the fortress itself. It may be a death trap that was meant to kill Shin or they may stall Shin for a long time while Riboku exits on another side through a underground tunnel and do the same killing stroke tactic again on a unexpected angle, like perhaps behind Ousen and flank him.
it was all part of riboku's plan who escapes through an underground tunnel to his sniper nest where he actually came up with the plan of inventing guns and shoots shin

Dex-chan lover
"My plan is to kill ousen!" no wait, "my plan is to kill shin!" no wait, "my plan was to kill ousen the entire time!"

Dex-chan lover
"My plan is to kill ousen!" no wait, "my plan is to kill shin!" no wait, "my plan was to kill ousen the entire time!"
a brilliant strategy no one will ever see coming, killing the opposing army's leader. truly riboku is the most brilliant strategist of all time.

Dex-chan lover
Finally, some proper plots and schemes start happening.
It sounds weird, but apparently during Battle of Nagashino, the Oda-Tokugawa alliance manage to not only hide their number (twice of the Takeda, their enemy), but also feign hesitation by intentionally marching slow, and build a sophisticated defensive position.

Despite my hate for Riboku's bias, I don't think a fortress this small is that weird.

So riboku plan is to make shin can't move while shibashou fight Ou sen, because shin instinct and his quick reaction time are troublesome like duke hyou, and ou hon can't make quick move to help Qin centre because he's preoccupied with right wing
OK if he targeted anyone else we might have been worried. But Ousen was famous for being one of the few great generals who overshadowed his emperor, but was skilled enough in statesmanship to live to his old age instead of being disposed of for being too dangerous.

Riboku doesn't seem to realize that taking himself the supreme general for the Zhau off the field to stall Shin should be a bigger loss for his side than it is for the Qin.
+

Users who are viewing this thread