Kingdom - Ch. 802 - The Army of a Great General

Dex-chan lover
"I totally could've killed Riboku whenever I wanted, I just didn't feel like actually trying", says man who spent the entire war staring blankly, giving no orders, and executing no maneuvers, while getting utterly bodied on all fronts and losing incredibly valuable soldiers and commanders left and right. Ousen is so full of shit, what a fucking huckster. This man has scammed his way to great general, and spent his entire time since being a complete fraud. Mougou must be spinning in his grave to see both of his protegés fail this hard at the very same basic warfare he was considered good at, and they should by all accounts have learned at his side.

Dex-chan lover
"I totally could've killed Riboku whenever I wanted, I just didn't feel like actually trying", says man who spent the entire war staring blankly, giving no orders, and executing no maneuvers, while getting utterly bodied on all fronts and losing incredibly valuable soldiers and commanders left and right. Ousen is so full of shit, what a fucking huckster. This man has scammed his way to great general, and spent his entire time since being a complete fraud. Mougou must be spinning in his grave to see both of his protegés fail this hard at the very same basic warfare he was considered good at, and they should by all accounts have learned at his side.
Tbf old man didn't get Kanki for his classic warfare skills
Ousen however has no excuse

Woah, two chapters in a week! We love your care and dedication to the work, but don't forget to take care of yourselves.

Careful Ousen, try and remember that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

I presume the method he was hinting at was capturing Kaine, though I don't really see how he could have known about their relationship from his POV. Perhaps I'm forgetting something.

OLT5sU2.png

Uh oh, death flag!

Dex-chan lover
Well, he's not wrong tho. Riboku has a glaring weakness. it is not on the battlefield tho.
Historically he was undone by the pen, not the sword.

Contributor
Nuh-uh. Ousen could’ve totally killed Riboku blindfolded on Expert Mode with a USB steering wheel. And it’s not even him doing it, it’s his little brother.

Dex-chan lover
Well, he's not wrong tho. Riboku has a glaring weakness. it is not on the battlefield tho.
Historically he was undone by the pen, not the sword.
Yeah, I know about this part, but the presentation in this chapter was just ridiculous. Ousen just suffered a humiliating and total defeat that may well have crippled his nation for years to come, and he comes out swinging with a poser line like that. It makes him look like an absolute chump, and a sore loser to boot.

Dex-chan lover
Ousen bashing aside, I think we can be happy for the next war that the Hi Shin Unit will be more in focus again. In that chapter it was said that the future generals must come from this unit. Much more screen time for people like Denyuu and Sougen can only be good. And also screen time for Kantou and the other young soldiers.

I hope that I don't forget that with the Yan prince. I guess this will become relevant again in 150+ chapters.

Double-page supporter
maybe its bc i really like the political arcs in between the battles, but man i kinda wish we got a little more from the yan prince stuff than just a few panels. at least we'll get to it later tho

Power Uploader
So, yeah the Ousen stuff is just silly and laughed when reading it. Like, don't get how the dude can even keep a straight face saying that.

Tbh, maybe it is only me but feel like we lost a bit of the slowness from the past. What I mean by this it felt like in the early parts politics and life was a way bigger focus then we have now. Like there seems to be no breathing room. Like would have liked a chapter of 2-3 of just Shin going on with life maybe a bit resting, some training fleshing out the captains a bit more. Add a bit to the romance shin is having and go on. Like it felt the war ended and now we are back at it again. Maybe it is just me.

Users who are viewing this thread