Kingdom - Ch. 802 - The Army of a Great General

The third and final pillar is right before us. What is it!?
- Thank you for the fast translations.

Dex-chan lover
So, yeah the Ousen stuff is just silly and laughed when reading it. Like, don't get how the dude can even keep a straight face saying that.

Tbh, maybe it is only me but feel like we lost a bit of the slowness from the past. What I mean by this it felt like in the early parts politics and life was a way bigger focus then we have now. Like there seems to be no breathing room. Like would have liked a chapter of 2-3 of just Shin going on with life maybe a bit resting, some training fleshing out the captains a bit more. Add a bit to the romance shin is having and go on. Like it felt the war ended and now we are back at it again. Maybe it is just me.
no time for that we needed more chapters of zoomed in ousen face doing nothing.

Group Leader
So, yeah the Ousen stuff is just silly and laughed when reading it. Like, don't get how the dude can even keep a straight face saying that.

Tbh, maybe it is only me but feel like we lost a bit of the slowness from the past. What I mean by this it felt like in the early parts politics and life was a way bigger focus then we have now. Like there seems to be no breathing room. Like would have liked a chapter of 2-3 of just Shin going on with life maybe a bit resting, some training fleshing out the captains a bit more. Add a bit to the romance shin is having and go on. Like it felt the war ended and now we are back at it again. Maybe it is just me.
I also liked the slower pace, but considering I do want to read the finished story within my lifetime, I think at this point picking up the pace is only justified. Considering the manga's been published for almost 20 years and no kingdoms have yet fallen, I'm sure the author is being mindful not to take 20 years more to finish it all. At that point the mangaka would be inching on 70 years old...

Dex-chan lover

they haven't been shipped out yet they have another year for Shin and Kyoukai to start kissing

Dex-chan lover
I think the weakness Ousen is talking about is how contentious Riboku's position is in court politics. I think Ousen recognizes he could easily use subterfuge to bring Riboku down through internal politics, but he wants to prove he could defeat Riboku in open warfare. However, in his hubris, he lost several of his best subordinates chasing that.

If you know the history of how Li Mu went down, I think that's the weakness Ousen is talking about.

Giving some real 'Gilgamesh could have won if he was serious' energy, Ousen. Bad look.

Dex-chan lover
"I wasn't even trying"

"I had a super ace hidden"

"I went easy on him"

"I was sure i could defeat him in my sleep, so i actually went and took a nap for the whole campaing"

"Riboku doesn't knows it, but i already defeated him!"

I think Ousen may just be full of shit by this point

"I wasn't even trying"

"I went easy on him"

"I was sure i could defeat him in my sleep, so i actually went and took a nap for the whole campaing"

The mangaka definitely messed up in handling Ousen, dude tried too hard to make him top tier. He should have just written it such that Ousen did legitimately messed up, owned it and so now instead of facing Riboku head on, Ousen decided to think outside the box and try and beat him via politics. This way, narratively it'll also be in-line with how Qin is also focusing on their empire restructuring.

Dex-chan lover
"I wasn't even trying"

"I went easy on him"

It's even funnier once you consider that apparently Ousen thought this would just be a generic, by the books battle he could easily win. Really, Ousen? You thought Riboku - the man whose entire history is a conga line of improbable gambits, complete asspulls, and outright hax - who was fighting this battle with his back against the wall due to his kingdom's precarious position, wouldn't pull some bullshit maneuver or have an ace up his sleeve? Really? That Riboku would just stroll up with his lawn chair and have a nice, fair, casual battle with no tricks or snares? Ousen's such a fucking chode.

Double-page supporter
Holy fuck i just laughed so hard with ousen statement, dude really so full of himself and not seeing reality in front of him

Dex-chan lover
I never wanted to do a people's elbow onto someone's throat while jumping off of a ladder.

Dex-chan lover
maybe its bc i really like the political arcs in between the battles, but man i kinda wish we got a little more from the yan prince stuff than just a few panels. at least we'll get to it later tho

This would be Prince Dan of Yan, who will be very important in a few years.

Fed-Kun's army
SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

I genuinely dont know if I hate just the character, or if its starting to bleed over into me feelings about the author. Fuck Ousen. Bring back the stupid teleporting giant, as awful as he was every single time he showed up he still wasnt as bad as this.

Aggregator gang
Am I the only one that liked Ousen saying this? Somehow it fits his character. I also think people are too hard on him, Riboku has plot armor, teleporting armies and invisible cloaked castles, like how the fuck didn't Qin have info on a literal castle when they chased him? They should have seen it at the latest when the battle started. And it even had a hidden tunnel so he could escape too LMAO he's just soooo smart.
I feel like every shortcoming Riboku's writing has is reflected on Ousen, which has to be stupid so Riboku can shine. It wasn't like this a couple of years ago.
Anyway, at least this means he will pull something off? I mean we know how real history went down...

Dex-chan lover
Wait, so whats Shin and the other 2 position called officially? Or historically?

Users who are viewing this thread