Kingdom - Vol. 58 Ch. 627 - Where the Path Leads

@ApolloKenobi Still a different kind of Nakama power-up. Shin just knows that he has people he needs to protect. It is nowhere near Fairy Tail BS Nakama power.

how the fuck did he block that hit after going for a stab like that?

I feel Hokuen dying to Shin's blade feels wrong.

Everyone gets the point, all the dead people before Shin, Riboku and Shin himself : No matter how strong you are, you can't lead humanity alone and by yourself.

Even if he looks like Hulk, Houken himself should be a sage. He doesn't just swing his glaive around, he is supposed to use plenty of time meditating and pondering about "the path" itself, and it's been many years since he was "beaten" by Ouki.

Not only Houken has not learned nothing in all these years, even in his dying moments he is still unable to understand the very only thing he has been doing in all his life.

Also, it makes no sense plotwise that someone who stands at the pinnacle of martial arts is unable to beat someone who is already half-dead. It's not just about power, speed or willpower, Houken should have plenty of technique and experience to literally face Shin with just his bared hands, or else this is quite disappointing for a chinese sage of martial fighting. He should be also able to use chi and breathing techniques like Kyokai does at a higher level, and he simply swings his glaive with power like a moron.

Godamnit, he even beat Kyokai who is more nimble and faster than Shin who is a true genius using over 100% of her own capacity.

Back to the point. Around the time Shin has taken 20 of his mountain cleaving blows while fighting back, he should have just already found his answer. He is not supposed to just beat people around, he is supposed to ponder and understand what he doesn't for the sake of human evolution, if he dies, it's a loss for humanity, if he kills Shin, he fails to understand what he lacks.

I feel the elegant way of going about this, was for Houken to concede halfway the fight and leave the battlefield forever, either because he has finally found his answer or because he needs to change his way of finding the path.

I mean, he was already at the peak of martial arts when he fought Ouki, and has been wasting years in the mountain achieving nothing while shouting "I AM THE BUSHIN".

For a character that has been around for 10 fucking years of serialization, not only does he leave as a complete buffoon, he leaves a bad aftertaste because the one absolutely unbeatable character of the series lorewise, has been beaten with nakama power.

I never really expected anything from Houken himself, but I expected more from the author.

@diabloirlandes Houken lost one arm to Duke Hyou and was further injured by Kyokai. I mean, I don't completely disagree with you in the sense that this could be done better but friendship and willpower beating logic is par for the course for this and other shonens.

SHIIIIIN OF THE HI SHIN UNIT YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTAAAAAARDDDD AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i fuxking leaped out of my chair in hype

and yes remember that houken was at a disadvantage

When i reread this manga in the future, I simply will ignore any chapters with houken on them. Ouki was killed by an arrow. Duke Hyou sacrificed himself against masses of enemy troops. And that is it.

At least we can forget about him now

ZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzzZZZZzz... -whu Huh? What? Sorry I was asleep are we good? Is he..? Is he gone? No? Still there? Well I'm just gonna go and take another nap while he Bleeds out for another 10 Chapters.

Aggregator gang
Finally it happened, even if it took far tooo long, Bullshit Houken is finally dead!

I'm glad Houken is dead but all that Shin talking to dead people was really hokey and lame. And Houken could easily be taken out of this story with no impact whatsoever.

They really dragged it out for as long as they could, but its finally over. Houken is fucking dead! I assume the next few chapters will see the Hi Shin unit just trying to hold out in the middle of the that mess while Ousen's two commanders continue their b-line for Riboku. Their is on way that they'll continue forward with the shape that Shin is in. Honestly, I'm hoping this whole battle ends soon so that we get to the absolutely sweet promotion ceremony, and finally see Shin be promoted to the status of general, along with Kyoukai probably getting promoted up to 5,000 man commander for her own contributions of this war. Ousen and Kanki will definitely get promoted up to Great Generals after this as well.

Also, what a great New Years present this was. We didn't have to go into the New Year with Houken's Deus Machina ass still being alive.

Users who are viewing this thread