Kingdom - Vol. 58 Ch. 627 - Where the Path Leads

Contributor
@Kayriel
If I remember right, Hara was saying in an interview some years ago that according to his current plans the story will end somewhere around volume 80, I believe? It definitely does feel like there's not much to actually do with Shin beyond here though, so I'm curious about just what the hell is going to happen next. My personal guess would be Chu shenanigans though. And I agree with you on the hate for Houken being completely disproportional.

Houken in one single moment of doubt of his path and his hesitation basically cost him. His halberd breaking being the symbolism too.

Aggregator gang
@kayriel The hate was justified in the way that there was no development in Houkens character and everytime we saw him he said same two lines, and then when the story came to a crawling halt for the last 7 chapters or so because of Houken and his backstory, with all the bs philosophy, people got especially tired of how everything just kept repeating, Shin is knock down, Shin gets up, everyone is surprised, Shin hits Houken, Some bs Philosophy, Houken “I’m Houken, i’m a god” repeated for 7 chapters. As soon as Houken came into the battlefield the manga shifted gears and it felt like you were reading a different manga, and a worse one at that.

The growth for Shin was realizing the power of friendship, so that also leaves a bad taste for a lot of people.

holy shit he actually did it....i thought houken would've just come out of it disarmed or something

i actually thought that Riboku is the one who would die on this arc but it's actually Hou ken?

and what about Riboku? there's no way the author would kill them together in 1 arc

Dex-chan lover
This is supposed to be a moment of celebration, that Shin finally managed to overcome a major wall in his story.
But all I feel is a sense of relieve that this boring ass arc that has been dragging on for too long is finally over...

Contributor
Who would win

A super strong general who was described by Riboku as the symbol of humanity and has killed several major characters already

Vs

Some guy who realized he has friends

Dex-chan lover
@Dysisa Still lots of stuff to go.
There's Karin for Chu, that Wei guy, and Kanki. I think Ousen will probably be big bad boss. Going with history, Shin will royally mess up against Chu and Ousen will clean his shit and be the one uniting, then finally mysteriously 'retiring'. It just scream potential drama for author to use.
Author spent too much time on Houken doing nothing.

Also, Houken chopped, finally!

@meruKariya In history,
Riboku will be betrayed and executed by his king.

Group Leader
@royalblue
(is this how you report a mistake?)

first page, sixth bubble:
"it's vivid colours growing to an intensity never seen before"
"it's" => "its"

"it's" => "it is"
"its" -> "it belongs to someone/something" (here we are talking about the vivid colours of the scarlet earth, therefore "its" is correct)

Thanks a lot for the chapter :)

Houken bested by a nakama power-up? That's just too bad. He was touted up to be a superhuman being. He should have been the big bad that would lead to the fall of Riboku. This kind of end is quite reminiscent of the Night King's death. So much wasted potential. Leaves a bad taste.

Users who are viewing this thread