Kingdom - Vol. 58 Ch. 628 - Embers Of Life

Dex-chan lover
The real plot twist is that he actually dies after the most bullshit fight on the manga.

Because that will take everyone by surprise, i don't see anyone failing for this.

@SeerSap - It's certainly not limited to this manga. My take on it is that people in general (particularly around here as it's grown) are just so fucking miserable in their lives that they feel the compulsive need to lash out and nitpick everything. They feel empowered when given a voice with anonymity, and use it as an outlet to release all of their negativity in order to feel some validation by like-minded individual's. It's why they almost never add anything of substance to the conversation's and just type out one line of poorly thought garbage. Their goal isn't to have a dialogue -- it's to vent.
Hence why the term "shitposter" has been coined. The most telling thing is that they never actually leave, or stop reading; even though the content is so atrocious they feel the need to say something.
Let's be honest here, we all know what we're going in to when we pick up a story, and yet, some people want to feel somehow victimized regardless. So, I really don't blame you, and I'm with ya. I also wrote way more than I needed to. Oops.

Aggregator gang
@Happily_Grim Do you know the Word investment? If you do not, you should probably look it up before you judge everybody's opinions. People have legit reasons for not liking the way this arc has been going for the last dozen chapter or so, and mabye they don't artigulate it,
Well enough, but not everyone has the time to type out a long, well-reasoened response as to what they didn't like parts of the story, and yes, that is them vending their frustrations. When someone like something and is 500+ chapters into something, they're not going to just drop it when the series has a low point. And because they can't just drop it, they vent. You say they don't want a conversation, but that aplies to you aswell when you Are so condesending and malicius towards Them.

@Malte - Ugh. Clearly you missed where I said it was my take on things. The whole "investment" argument is such a tired strawman. Being "invested" doesn't mean you need to shit on everyone else's experience. It doesn't mean that out of 500 chapters you need to spend 100 of them reminding everyone you don't like it with a: "this stupid" every week. If their time was so limited then why even bother to post to begin with? In most cases those comments are just self-serving. You're simply absolving people of being dicks by throwing out "investment".
At no point did I say people shouldn't criticise something; that would be absolutely ridiculous. Clearly, I'm not refering to everyone who leaves a critical comment when posting; I'm refering to a specfic subset which I even specified in my post. Critical comments leave room for discussion and understanding of different peoples perspective; which is good. They're just as valuable to a community as positive comments. Then you get the people who pop-in who just say: "This is trash" or "Dropped" or some such, and contribute nothing, only to show up in a later chapter to do it again -- if not week after week. Those are the ones my first post is talking about.
You're taking this as some sort of personal insult by projecting yourself to be one of those people. You even bring up this arc when I never mentioned it to begin with -- I already clarified that I was referring to comment sections as a whole. Look at the start of your post and tell me who's condescending. I don't even see how my comment stating an opinion directed at no one in particular is malicious -- but ok. If you meant I'm being malicious towards shitposters then yes, I probably am. Gladly.

Aggregator gang
@Happily_Grim I can definitely see how the start of my comment is condescending, and that i regret. I don’t think i necessarily missed your point, at least the way you worded it your comment can be interpreted in different ways. If the conversation is about people continually come back to the same manga just to write things like “dropped” or “trash” then i agree with you.

Fed-Kun's army
I bet they all gonna cry and say to him to wake up cuz he still has to fulfill the great general of heavens dream of his

Fed-Kun's army
Liked Houkens little backstory. Crazy homeless man kidnaps him and raises him to become a crazy homeless man.
Other than the Last few chapters I think the Shukai plains battle was really dragging on.

Though I guess most people here feel differently.

Users who are viewing this thread