Kingdom - Vol. 61 Ch. 661 - Advantageous

Dex-chan lover
I totally forgot they aren't aiming to conquer all of Chu, but just Juuko which goes to Wei anyway, so Qin is out of there immediately. This means that whatever Chu is planning should mostly affect Wei, which is good for Qin.

Double-page supporter
All this talk about how great Riboku is kind of falls flat after the last Qin-Zhao arc. Did he get a single thing right?

Gouhoumei still arrogant enough to talk shit despite the fact that Qin still has overwhelming advantages in resources and great generals and its military progress has not stalled one bit.

Everyone fear riboku while his recent achievement is only killing ouki like years ago. All battle after that result in loss

Dex-chan lover
@WaterParsley

Don't fear the general with only victories, he knows only one thing. Results mean less for someone's ability than how they go about their business.

Reebok's talent is higher than anyone else's so far. Does he still lose all the time, anyway? Yep. But what happens if he manages to finally get a chance to really shine? What does he learn from his defeats? What happens when he gets on top of the horse instead of dragged by it? Make no mistake, the man's scary. Meanwhile, even some of Qin's greatest generals who've done far more winning than losing are just side-characters and backdrops, easy to forget, and without much impact on the story.

Win/loss is not the measure of ability. Just the vagaries of circumstance.

I don't doubt that Riboku is the best strategist in the series alongside Ousen and Renpa in term of abilities. But, the author should really have taken the time to show us that Riboku's strategies and tactics actually work without relying on Houken especially now that the latter is finally dead for good.

@boldmonkey i think he did the best he could with the cards he was given. I mean, he killed the comander of the right wing, took out of commition Akou early on in the left, sent the silver-hair guy againt Yotanwa who managed to burn their suplies. I guess his biggest mistake was underestimate the young commanders of Qin and overestimate his own

Hopefully we will get more Rokuomi X Rabihanku action in future chapters.

9g9

Not sure what everybody else thinks but Gohoumei's analyzation about Juuko at least in my opinion is totally off. Chu can easily muster a great army to take the city back anytime they chose and unlike previously Qin will not be obligated to aid Wei at least not in anywhere near as much as they did this time around.

Double-page supporter
I think Gohoumei was just intentionally bluffing about taking the south of Juuko to see how Qin will respond to that.

Users who are viewing this thread