Dex-chan lover
- Me: "Hey, what's that over there?"
- Author: "A ship."
- Me: "A ship? It doesnt look like one tho."
- Author: "Because its sinking."
- Me: "Bruh."

djSNp1K.jpg

My picks:

Ousen, Kanki, Moubu, Yotanwa, Tou, and...an unretired Shoubunkun.

If you think about it, there's no way Mouten, Ouhon, or Shin will qualify for that position. There's also Heki, who has a sizeable army under his command but no great achievements. The Six really need to have names that are known far and wide.

@Kayriel I mean, he got acknowledged by Ou Ki before he died. Ou Ki told him he never thought of Tou as below him in skills. He also entrusted Tou with his army, so it'd be a waste for him to just refuse the position. He'd be a disgrace, I imagine.

@Railander I hope Shin does, but I don't think it'll happen. One of his main goals is to become a Great General of the Heavens, and it seems too soon for that considering he just became a general. That is why I don't like any of the three newly appointed generals (Shin, Mouten and Ouhon) becoming Great Generals, since it's too soon.

Dex-chan lover
Man, that's really level-headed of her in a way. If they start boinking, eventually there'll be kids, and those kids will be targeted by enemies of Qin. Someone's got to teach her about non-PIV intercourse.

Shame the Shiyuu don't seem to have a bullshit power related to contraception... What am I talking about, that can't be it. At this point it's safer to assume that there is a secret Shiyuu technique for *everything*. I think Kyoukai is just being bashful. That's cute, too.

The chapter is named "Fatal Mistake", and then right at the end we see Qin reviving the 6 great general system...what if the actual "fatal mistake" wasn't the one Kyoukai was talking about?

Dex-chan lover
@jthemangajack Average life expectancy values are a misnomer for most uses, like how you're using it; it's simply the median point of age at death, which is why the high number of child and childbirth deaths cratered life expectancy. For all of human existance, lifespan hasn't changed at all, but modern medicine made childbirth much safer and made preterm children much more survivable as well. There has been a minimal uptick in lifespan at the end of our years, but that's mostly because of long term care facilities combined with better medication, once again.

That girl turned from "evil psycho" into "cute schoolgirl" so fast she got whiplash

I thought this arc is kinda meh but this chapter is a nice pay off tbh. Feels good when the characters handle romance level-headedly

Dex-chan lover
so who makes the cut? I think Ousen, Moubu, Tou, Yotanwa, and Kanki are shoe-ins. And the last position will be "up for grabs" because it would look bad to give it to somebody who isnt' ready. There's precedent for an empty seat in this sort of thing, Zhao's 3 Great Heavens only had 2 people (just 1 now). But then Shin, Ouhon, and Mouten will have to vie for position and eventually Shin will win out.

So, the filler chapters are over. Now back to the action, 6 Great Generals huh? Next arc's going to be intense AF.
Oh, it's great that Kyourei joined the unit. I can imagine how OP the Hi Shin Unit going to be hohoho

Dex-chan lover
@jthemangajack The average age of death, if you survived childhood, was 50-70, and as I said, hasn't changed much at all today, aside from the slight increase from modern medicine and pallative care programs making people able to survive things that would kill them much more easily in their old age or otherwise with serious illness, like cancer.

Users who are viewing this thread