Kingdom - Vol. 70 Ch. 760 - The Constant

Dex-chan lover
epic speech, but i have to agree with the inherently evil theory though.
not all, but most people will easily get corrupted by power.
absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Dex-chan lover
Shin gives him a long ass explanation of what he thinks and believes and his answer "no actually you believe this thing i said earlier" man fuck you, i hate people like him, you can't argue with them they just keep repeating their own opinion and their chosen opinion for you.

Dex-chan lover
Usually philosophical concepts and conversations fall a little flat in manga because they boil down to "fight for the sake of your friends!!" Or some trite Naruto bullshit.

That said I appreciate them attempting to tackle it from a state-building standpoint. I don't think the concept of inherent good or inherent evil is particularly interesting, as say; how should a king rule? But I do like that Shin had an actual argument based on evidence and criteria.

Dex-chan lover
hmm his argument for why it was fire is different from what id have imagine he'd go with. i thought he was going to talk about how fire can be both helpful (ie good) or harmful (ie evil). you could use it to make food to continue living and the same fire could be used to burn everything to the ground. it's both creation and destruction depending on what you will it to be.

Supporter
Usually philosophical concepts and conversations fall a little flat in manga because they boil down to "fight for the sake of your friends!!" Or some trite Naruto bullshit.

That said I appreciate them attempting to tackle it from a state-building standpoint. I don't think the concept of inherent good or inherent evil is particularly interesting, as say; how should a king rule? But I do like that Shin had an actual argument based on evidence and criteria.
Funny that you mention Naruto. It's basically THE philosophical motto of the leaf village. Everyone has their "fire" AKA their ambitions, dreams etc. It's a driving force of the philosophy and plot of early Naruto at least.

Dex-chan lover
epic speech, but i have to agree with the inherently evil theory though.
not all, but most people will easily get corrupted by power.
absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Good that there is no such thing as "absolute power" then. Even king Canute could not command the waves.
People usually handle power well, that's why the bunch who don't are so anoying.

Users who are viewing this thread