Kingdom - Vol. 70 Ch. 768 - Their Promise

Dex-chan lover
Qin really has that Rome vs Carthage vibe, no matter how many times they lose, no matter how much of their population is killed then just keep fighting, Rome lost 1/6 of their male population yet they kept sending out new armies
It was one of the reasons why Rome started to fill their armies with mercenaries and soldiers from the tribes and nations they conquered, less citizens fighting in the wars and less potential rebels to worry about.

Dex-chan lover
I like the progress the chapter shows.
Shin is now an adult planning his life after the war.
Kan To was a recruit in the Zhao Invasion and was trained by the veterans of the Hi Shin Unit. Today he is the one who trains new recruits.

Power Uploader
So, it was nice but does not make much sense if we see the characters as real people. Like sure I could get it if he said after this war but after the unification? We know the time frame for Shin it can still be another 10 years or even 30... He does not know. Like just get together.

let’s go Shin!!! Goat behavior as usual. The last few panels too. I’m so ready for them to fight Riboku again. He’s honestly one of the best antagonists in a series. I only picked up Kingdom this year but if 768+ lead up to a Shin finally getting one over him. Man. That’ll be the day.

So, it was nice but does not make much sense if we see the characters as real people. Like sure I could get it if he said after this war but after the unification? We know the time frame for Shin it can still be another 10 years or even 30... He does not know. Like just get together.
I get that but I supporting Sei and becoming a general has always been his number one priority.

Shin and Kyoukai were obviously framed as younger versions of Great General Ouki and his wife, who was also a Great General, that knew each other since they were younger.
also the fact that they've nearly died for each other and Kyoukai sacrificed part of her life to bring him back from the literal brink of death after the hardest fight of his life, like you can't walk away from doing those things for each other and not fall in love

Dex-chan lover
Shin and Kyoukai were obviously framed as younger versions of Great General Ouki and his wife, who was also a Great General, that knew each other since they were younger.
Sure, but that kind of framing isn't the same as romantic chemistry. I'm not saying they don't get along (they obviously do), but it doesn't feel the most natural to me either. More like the author decided we'd get here eventually, and now we've gotten here without particular buildup in this direction aside from a couples pages and gags here and there.

UUOOOOHHHHHH My man!!
The only thing he could have done better after the "You gotta do what you can while you're still alive" line is if he had asked to marry her right then and had the ceremony in a couple of weeks before the next campaign and put his baby in her and left her in his household while he went to war.
Only getting married after the war when conquering all of china could take3 or 5 years or more isn't so good.
Cringe.

Even if they lose again progress is progress. Riboku is gonna run out of generals eventually. Also im starting to think han will be an offscreen battle
This is weird, not easy to put such a thing into the screen it will be hard to make people who are supposed to be stronger now shine, when the are about to be destroyed yet again, the author will need to do something very good to make it interesting

Users who are viewing this thread