Kiraboshi Ojou-sama no Kyuukon - Vol. 1 Ch. 9 - A Vague Heart

Dex-chan lover
"Why did you catch my ring?"

It's a hundred-million-yen ring (approximately 700K US dollars). I don't care if you're rich, you don't throw money like that away out of something stupid like romance. Sell it back and invest, for god's sake.

Dex-chan lover
Sigh

I’m not so much disappointed in him for jump after the ring as I am disappointed in the author for writing her chucking it in the first place. It makes sense that she wouldn’t value it due to how rich she actually is, but given how much importance and focus the story placed on that ring so far, her chucking it like that forced him to jump after it maintain narrative momentum.
Because you don’t put that much focus on an object in a story only to throw it out and never bring it up again. At best, it could’ve been written as her chucking the ring and then him or someone else digging back up later for use in an emotionally significant scene later on.
Honestly, this would’ve been way better if she hadn’t thrown the thing, since she was in a much more grounded, reasonable state here, and it would’ve been the perfect opportunity to open a line of actual communication with her. Maybe he would’ve still proposed that they start out by saying, or maybe he could’ve even started them as friends. It would also have given a chance to lay down some boundaries and have her actually listen to them for once.

Honestly, it would’ve been a much more natural way to go in this same story direction, but without making the audience question the MC’s actions nearly as much.

Instead, now we get him irrationally jumping after the ring, which is symbolic of all the troubles and stress he’s had so far, in what could be interpreted as something of a grand romantic gesture. Not only does it force him to stay them off with dating (it would feel weird from a story perspective to have him say “let’s start out as friends” after jumping out a window to save the a fucking wedding ring), but there’s a chance that it will cause her delusions to flare back up without giving much chance for them to talk things out.

Overall, this was just a dumb writing decision.

Sigh

I’m not so much disappointed in him for jump after the ring as I am disappointed in the author for writing her chucking it in the first place. It makes sense that she wouldn’t value it due to how rich she actually is, but given how much importance and focus the story placed on that ring so far, her chucking it like that forced him to jump after it maintain narrative momentum.
Because you don’t put that much focus on an object in a story only to throw it out and never bring it up again. At best, it could’ve been written as her chucking the ring and then him or someone else digging back up later for use in an emotionally significant scene later on.
Honestly, this would’ve been way better if she hadn’t thrown the thing, since she was in a much more grounded, reasonable state here, and it would’ve been the perfect opportunity to open a line of actual communication with her. Maybe he would’ve still proposed that they start out by saying, or maybe he could’ve even started them as friends. It would also have given a chance to lay down some boundaries and have her actually listen to them for once.

Honestly, it would’ve been a much more natural way to go in this same story direction, but without making the audience question the MC’s actions nearly as much.

Instead, now we get him irrationally jumping after the ring, which is symbolic of all the troubles and stress he’s had so far, in what could be interpreted as something of a grand romantic gesture. Not only does it force him to stay them off with dating (it would feel weird from a story perspective to have him say “let’s start out as friends” after jumping out a window to save the a fucking wedding ring), but there’s a chance that it will cause her delusions to flare back up without giving much chance for them to talk things out.

Overall, this was just a dumb writing decision.
you're taking this way too serious lol

Dex-chan lover
Damn, to casually threw a hundred million yen ring hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread