Kitsune Spirit - Ch. 91

Double-page supporter
Good, at least they didn't get away with it. This is a good ending for the arc.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like a lot of drama could have been avoided if the police just kept the fiancee updated on their investigation. Or at least reached out to her to make sure her living situation was safe. It's no wonder she had no confidence in the system.

I'm happy we're going back to fluff! This tone shift has been jarring, especially after we've seen that they live in a world where you can blow your house up twice without the police bothering to investigate. It's weird to see the main characters get away with so many things (including numerous acts of vigilantism), only for the narrative to use the arrest of a fairly sympathetic character to wax poetic about law and justice.

Well, this is fiction so I understand that everything will have a "happy ending" (for the most part, at least) but as someone that doesn't really believes all that much in the police and the judicial system from his country, I can relate to her.

However, just as a note, in the real world not only the guy would have got scot-free (maybe not the assistant), but the girl would have been charged with assasination attempt and the likes, and would have ended up with a much longer time in prision.

Dex-chan lover
I said it on chapter 90 and I'll say it on chapter 91.

The author realized he messed up in trying to have the male MC save a terrible person, probably because he got called out by someone somewhere, and then tried to back track to make it seem like he had this planned all along. However, you can see all the random errors he makes when trying to do so.

The woman isn't in the wrong when she says that female MC doesn't understand the shortness of human life. She could die in that cell tomorrow and that's it. She gets no peace of mind, she gets no happy resolution, she's dead and the last thing she could think about is how the guy she loved betrayed her and how she's screwed. It would have been a very humanizing moment if the wife reflected on the fact that humans DO have small lifespans compared to an immortal creature and that from her perspective, this might all seem trivial but to a human this takes a good part of what remaining life they have left. Just saying "when this is all over" is a cop out to gloss over that fact and so the author can use her in a future chapter without having to worry about years in the making.

Now that this arc is over we can hopefully get back to the romance fluff.

Dex-chan lover
Those teary eye marks/tattoos under the eye have really gained a lot of detail from the first chapter, the complete set of fox ears, shark teeth and marks became a good blend of coolness and sexyness.

Dex-chan lover
Aside from the husband being a badass I gotta say this ark was a lil disappointing. Others have covered why way better than I could below.

As always thanks for translating!

Aggregator gang
36 chapters and its done, THANK YOU. NOW ONTO FLUFF

Dex-chan lover
Hell yeah! Thank you guys for pulling it through. I am with you till the end

Dex-chan lover
@Hitspark
I don't agree with you. I think the author intended for the fiance to be arrested in the end all along.

Dex-chan lover
@orochijes Oh no, of course he intended the fiance to be arrested. That's just a basic part of story-telling, the bad guy gets served justice. However, the way he goes about it shows he probably got some backlash from someone, higher ups, friends, family or fans, and they didn't like how the story was going. So the author tries to rush and make it seem like the end goal all along was that the police were investigating and setting up this ending. This clearly was not the intended ending and it's very easily seen if you look at it.

For example, as I said on ch 90: Between the time it took for this woman to find the obviously hidden monster assassins, set up the contract, fund it and stage it and the guy who was hired to rape her being arrested - more than enough time must have passed that this should not have even been a thing. The officer said "I wish you would have let us finish our investigation" as though there's something to investigate. He was hired to rape. He obviously squealed if they're launching an investigation instead of outright just arresting him alone. There's nothing left to investigate, but what do they do? They leave her fiance completely alone with her, knowing he has full intent to cause her bodily harm. They don't even bring the guy in for questioning. In most places in the world, especially Japan, the mere word of wrongdoing is enough to get you questioned by police because it's a matter of public safety. Goodness help you if a hired rapist rats you out, you're just going to jail.

This is all just assuming that the one they get the information from is the rapist, Imagine if it was the wife who told the cops or the Woman herself!

This leads you to think about the fact that, if she really wanted to get this guy scared, she'd just tell the police. She was clearly pissed when she thought he was getting away with it, so I have reason to doubt that she'd just keep it to herself all this time. Then there's the clear dissonance between the character moments is another sign. Why are the police there? Did the wife teleport them? Why teleport them outside and not open the portal inside to the station? Why did the woman have a knife when she thought she was going to leave town? Did she seriously expect to get attacked on the way to the train station in mid day?

All of this shows that the author was trying to scramble to put together something to justify why he did what he did but it doesn't hold up under scrutiny. This is why we only get an off-screen arrest instead of seeing any cogs turning, it wasn't planned out like this and it's clear as day because some of the basic logical steps these characters would take are just tossed about. He was always going to get it, but this clearly wasn't thought through.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not saying this ending is just straight copaganda, I'm just saying that irl the woman would have been fully justified in not going to the police about this stuff

If someone complained, it's probably about the uselessness of the police throughout the entire series. Those three chapters seem to scream 'it's not like they are useless, just a bit slow.' So, the moral we should all take home is that the police is useless due to its slowness, and only manages to do things after shit happens, but we should all wait for them anyway. If the point was to shill the police, he could have done a better job than this.

I do not like that she refer to rape as humiliation. Its a complete wrong mindset about it. The police is like wished you waited for us. Why didn't they make it clear to the victim that they were gathering evidence and a case to arrest her disgusting garbage feyance?

Users who are viewing this thread