Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House - Vol. 12 Ch. 124 - Summer Heat

@SuperOniichan I personally think she’s an accidental kuudere. It’s not that she’s not happy for Kenta, it’s that she already thinks of him super highly.

Dex-chan lover
Thought she was chopping celery at first, so was curious how it’d turn out. But it was cucumber, which is pretty normal for a side dish.

Dex-chan lover
Sumire is obviously impressive, being the top maiko currently, by the looks of it, but I believe Kiyo is much more impressive than Kenta. Kenta is just a student baseball player. Although he needs to work hard and put in a great amount of effort, he's still simply following instructions given by others. He doesn't basically need to think for himself as such. Kiyo, however, is fully responsible for providing the house full of maiko their daily food, staying on budget, procuring the ingredients, fullfilling the nutritional needs, yet keeping the dishes so delicious and inspiring it won't affect the maikos' performance, all the while keeping things so realistic she actually can do it without a burnout. Kiyo is basically doing a full adult professional's work all on her own. In some ways she's more impressive than Sumire as well.

@Kaarme I guess you have never played baseball before if you think its just about "Following instructions". Also why the giant wall of text? Who are you trying to convince?

Dex-chan lover
@Mephyy How is a single paragraph a wall of text? Go read a book once in your life. It'll be worth it.

I'm not trying to convince anyone. Why would I need to convince strangers at a manga website? And no, I have only played the local variation of baseball back in school, although it's close enough. It doesn't have anything to do with anything I said. Kenta is a school student, still living at home, not a professional baseball player out there. He's doing his best training, but he's also just playing his part in the team, instructed by the senpai and club advisor, maybe even some competent manager. It's not like I'd be looking down on him, though.

riz

this triangle give me such a complicated feeling on my heart...
suu-chan love life make me worried..

Fed-Kun's army
What's that lurking in the corner? Looks like heartbreak resulting from unnecessary love triangle in an otherwise adorable story of friendship...

Users who are viewing this thread