Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House - Vol. 14 Ch. 147 - My Special Other Half

Dex-chan lover
For those confused why they considered children. Basically in japan if you aren't 20 y.o traditionally you can be considered as children, since they have coming of age ceremony when they are 20 y.o and finally acknowledged as full-fledged adult and able to drink alcohol.

Dex-chan lover
@KappaDvorak Wait, that is, first-year university or college students are also considered children? In my country, you are children up to about 16-17 years old.

Dex-chan lover
When they visit their hometown they talk about how everybody else is in high school but high school isn't mandatory. So when they finish middle school they are about 15-16. Also in Japan Public school are considered prestigious while private schools are for the masses. They go to cram schools to get into public schools.

this manga really reminds me to be happy of the little things in life. The pandemic really bothered me in lots of ways up until recently with this change in mindset I've tried to be happy of the little stuff like seeing the kitchen sink clean from dishes, waking up before the alarm went off and eating a well cooked fried egg. Here's hoping 2021 won't be as bad as this year :)

Users who are viewing this thread