Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House - Vol. 15 Ch. 159 - Red Bicycle

Dex-chan lover
-what the hell, red bike are for girls ?
-jesus Fuck Kenta, can t you just chill for a minute?
it s not a compétition you don't even want to be chef
What is wrong with you people?

Dex-chan lover
@Nitrorare @malu It's less the color and more because of the bike frame. A male bike will have a straight bar across the top. A female bike, that bar will swoop down because if a girl rides a bike in a skirt or a dress and that bar won't get in the way of it.

Dex-chan lover
M O T I V A T E D
Learning how to be a chef sounds like utter hell. I don't envy Kenta at all.
It's funny, despite all, the only one who's always "chill" and doesn't like she's working her ass is Kiyo. In just a few chapters Kenta has ended up being much more expressive than her despite him also appearing unemotional and quiet.

Dex-chan lover
Red may also be a girls color in Japan, though. Weren't elementary student backpacks colored red for girls and black for boys back in the day? But yeah, it's totally the bike frame.

Geez, Kenta... why do you feel the need to be competitive about spending your day off, chill man

Dex-chan lover
Kiyo is the chef, Suu-chan maiko, and Kenta ... Kenta has a cool bike.

@Nitrorare Lol comrade you made my day. But if it's no joke, then in Japanese culture there was no pink as a "female" color. They divide the genders into male blue and female red.

Group Leader
@Esasaeriri I think it's less about being competitive and more just stopping to realise that time off is for some R&R as well, which is quite important.

I think Kenta being fired up is good, his choice to give up his dream must be not easy. So, he channeled his previous passion to the new path in a good way

Why being competitive is taken as a negative thing? It is his way to move on and start over, in my opinion

Fed-Kun's army
thanks for the tip, the next time i get to visit kyoto i'm defo doing a bike tour

Fed-Kun's army
Kenta is so passionate and competitive lol, while Kiyo is the most chill one now.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I find it *incredibly* sweet that he sees it as competing, not like. 'not letting them down' or somesuch. ❤️ It makes it about his admiration for them.

And tbh, a Red Bike is *very* cool, clearly.

The road to becoming an adult is fraught by little details that monopolize your time. The 4 hours you might have spent playing video games might shorten to 2 if you have errands to run to keep the lights on and the fridge stocked. But it looks like Kenta has such a good foundation where he knows how to work hard, has good advice to back him up and guide him, and knows how to ask for further advice if needed. I'm looking forward to seeing Kenta in these upcoming chapters! He's endearing in his own way~

I really like the recent art improvement especially with the close ups, thank you for the chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread