Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House - Vol. 22 Ch. 239 - A Place to Return To

Dex-chan lover
Ahhh so Mother and Momoka-san did come from the same manor and were maiko together; granted it's been slowly sprinkled here and there. I guess we'll have to learn how one become a Geiko and the other became the youngest mother of the kagai.
Thanks for the translation!! Great work as always!

Ahhh so Mother and Momoka-san did come from the same manor and were maiko together; granted it's been slowly sprinkled here and there. I guess we'll have to learn how one become a Geiko and the other became the youngest mother of the kagai.
Thanks for the translation!! Great work as always!
Going by the comments of that last page , it could perhaps be somthing that resulted in her distancing hereself from the kagai - perhaps even left under a dark cloud?

Dex-chan lover
Yes, this reminds me that I also hope the manor appreciates Kiyo and paying her a good amount of salary, considering her dedication and consistent positive influence.

Group Leader
IIRC Momoko-san has been to the manor, right? It was when she hadn't remembered Kiyo's name.

Double-page supporter
IIRC Momoko-san has been to the manor, right? It was when she hadn't remembered Kiyo's name.
Yeah that was basically the first hint we got that she was from there, she remarked on how the place was as cold as ever

Dex-chan lover
Man I can't wait to find out more on Mother and Momoko's history the volume art for 23 and 24 have been teasing me for ages

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes I forgot HOW YOUNG is Mother... then an older geiko appears to see the contrast
Same, when I saw all the Geiko I was surprised at all the women she's trained, and I found it weird she called them Onee-san, until that one mentioned she was under another mother and then I remembered HAHA. It didn't occur to me one might still visit the house even if their mother isn't there anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread