Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House - Vol. 26 Ch. 278 - Seriously

Dex-chan lover
Why am I so proud over someone serving up hamburg steak?? Oh, because Kenta is the best, that's why.

Dex-chan lover
Go Kenta! But I can't help but feel my boy needs to expand his repertoire... I'd be sick of minced beef by now!

uhhh, what part of it was "just like baseball" :thonk:
I think it’s in the way he finds the small/“menial” tasks rewarding. Like how he took pleasure from cleaning his glove as a kid, or cleaning the balls as a ballboy. If it’s for something that he loves doing, even the most “menial” task is enjoyable because it’s either a building block for achieving a goal or it helps him feel more connected to the thing he loves.

If anyone else is watching the FX series “The Bear”, this chapter made me think of the season 2 episode “Forks”. No act of love, however small, is wasted. Every second counts. I’m so happy Kenta found something else to love after his baseball chances ended.

Go Kenta! But I can't help but feel my boy needs to expand his repertoire... I'd be sick of minced beef by now!
True! I think right now the hamburg steak is the food equivalent of practicing the same pitch over and over. Hopefully being in charge of the makanai for the restaurant staff will help him branch out!

Users who are viewing this thread