Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House

This is one of my most beloved mangas ever! It's very calm, funny, and sweet. Idk why people are talking about yuri when it's really not, but if you want to perceive it that way then why not lol

It's just a very calming and peaceful manga about a 16 year old girl who cooks meals for a bunch of maiko trainees including her childhood friend. Everytime I reread it I just blast through it nonstop because there's no way I can stop!

10000/10 Can't wait for the next chapter plz update soon

Just finished 100 chapter in one go, it’s so good.
Thanks so much for translating, I really needed that.

So they are in a love triangle, except they care for each one of them and it doesn't seem like anyone is actively pursuing the other. 😂 Still wholesome.

English toast is so weird lol. I don't recall it from when I lived in Japan, but it's like an inferior version of the sugared toast I often had for breakfast when I lived there. Still shokupan, but slathered with butter and not margarine, then sprinkled with sugar and put in the toaster oven. Not sure if that's a Japanese dish as my parents weren't Japanese, but it was the only time that was a frequent dish in my life, so I suppose they must have learned it from someone there. Not the same as sugar rusk either because the butter and sugar weren't mixed and all of it was toasted together.

Dex-chan lover
gosh ok so binge reading this at uh, 1am was not my greatest decision, but I didn't regret it one bit!
Everything in this manga is just so calming and peaceful, I feel as though my soul has been cleansed.

Also the ship war is pretty lol. Ngl, I'm a yuri fan so I ship Suu/Kiyo, but Kenta/Kiyo is cute as heck and since I have a soft spot for unrequited love, Kenta/Suu is nice too...
Realistically speaking though, I can't see any of them getting together though. Kenta/Kiyo is the most likely to happen, and even so I think the chance is pretty slim.

MD@Home
Oh god I'm so happy the translator's back. So happy in fact that I forgot to say so when they first came back.

THANK YOU SOL SCAN!

This manga is so calm and peaceful. It's a shame Kiyo never got to be a Maiko, but tbh, I get the feeling it was never her dream, it was Suu's and she just kind of went along with it. She doesn't seem angry or resentful over it, and just seems a lot happier getting to do what she loves, taking care of people and cooking.

Don't know why the mangaka suddenly introduced Suu having a crush on Kenta though. I feel like that's something that should've been brought up LONG ago if they were going to introduce a love triangle. Well, whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread