Kochira Last Boss Maoh Jou Mae "Kyoukai" - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Fellows In Deep Black "Let's Have A Heart To Heart"

Dex-chan lover
Ngl I kinda find the little girl more annoying than cute, something about her just frustrates me, I guess my anger issues are just way too sensitive, I seem to hate everything nowadays.

Dex-chan lover
@kazama90 Not like Pigface gave him a choice.

Also I like how Ravina caused both the death of their father and the calamity in the village just because.

No, seriously: there was no good reason for anything she did. And yet we're treating her like she isn't to blame for any of it.

Dex-chan lover
@BrandedAX none of it is her fault, the sage is to blame for forcing the family apart which caused her fathers health to deterioate and the demons are to blame for picking on the village

Dex-chan lover
how is it her fault in anyway lol? if the piggy never arrived neither would the "calamity" if anything the fact that she exists is the reason the village was held hostage and not just ransacked and plundered since the piggy wants to hold the village hostage to make her his wife.

Are the pages unordered?? Is it supposed to be a flashback or something??

Dex-chan lover
@Forikorder @kavinh

Ya'll are missing the point. Pig-man literally said killing people is a waste of life, so if they just gave him what he wanted he'd keep them hostage regardless. Besides, assuming the sage predicted correctly (which it seems they did), The best way for them to avoid the current situation without killing both sisters would be for one of them to leave.

So the father and whoever else decided on the compromise that the sister with the reasonable personality would leave to become a nun.

But Ravina, being the unreasonable rulebreaker she is, took her sister's place at the eleventh hour. Causing her father to suffer MORE because not only did he fail at recognizing his own daughter, he probably couldn't help thinking that she would suffer much more than her sister who was naturally quiet. This caused his subsequent illness and death. It was her fault because it was her decision that aggravated her father's worries, ultimately killing him.

To top it off, she came back: contributing to the current situation. If she stayed away, her sister would have likely stayed below pighead's radar; if she had let things play out the way their father planned, her sister would have likely stayed a nun and wouldn't come back to the village, so she wouldn't have to fear being killed by some crazy pig. Not to mention their father might still be alive, but that is purely conjecture.

And that's not even taking into account the fact that in all likelyhood she just ran away from the convent as soon as she got the chance, causing trouble for everyone in the process. Wasn't she an adventurer, not a nun? I'm a little fuzzy on that part, and can't be bothered to check.

My point is, she disobeyed their father for the sake of being a rebel, killing him in the process and putting her sister's life in danger years later. If you say this is all the fault of the sage for communicating a vague premonition, then you're only partly correct. If she had played along, her sister's life wouldn't be at risk, unlike if the sage had said nothing at all.

Dex-chan lover
@BrandedAX
But Ravina, being the unreasonable rulebreaker she is, took her sister's place at the eleventh hour. Causing her father to suffer MORE because not only did he fail at recognizing his own daughter, he probably couldn't help thinking that she would suffer much more than her sister who was naturally quiet. This caused his subsequent illness and death. It was her fault because it was her decision that aggravated her father's worries, ultimately killing him.

or we could assume he loves both his daughters equally and would have died regardless?

To top it off, she came back: contributing to the current situation. If she stayed away, her sister would have likely stayed below pighead's radar; if she had let things play out the way their father planned, her sister would have likely stayed a nun and wouldn't come back to the village, so she wouldn't have to fear being killed by some crazy pig. Not to mention their father might still be alive, but that is purely conjecture.

the village still would have been targetted by him, like the entire region, and still would have had to give up goods for him and suffered as a result, this way though because of Ravina it ended up on Sacreds radar whos probably gonna wipe them all out and save the whole region

or is Ravina only responsible for bad things that happen as an unintended unpredictable result of her well intentioned actions?

Dex-chan lover
@Forikorder
or we could assume he loves both his daughters equally and would have died regardless?

That's why I said him surviving was purely conjecture, my friend.

But loving them equally may as well have been the whole reason why he WOULDN'T have died, you see. If you have a child that would have a much harder time in an environment and another that would likely acclimate well, which one would any sane man have a harder time sending there?

the village still would have been targetted by him, like the entire region, and still would have had to give up goods for him and suffered as a result, this way though because of Ravina it ended up on Sacreds radar whos probably gonna wipe them all out and save the whole region

That assumes the pirate siege is the calamity itself, which is something I also did.

But what if it isn't? What if getting Sacred involved is what will cause said calamity? The arc doesn't seem to be over yet, so we'll have to wait and see. But even then, can you even call such a "mundane" situation as a town being besieged by pirates who don't even like killing as a "calamity"? Most of the problem is coming from the fact both sisters are there. If there was only one, they would have taken her and left, like pig head promised.

It wouldn't be ideal for them, but now the town has to pay for their, or rather Ravina's, decisions

Dex-chan lover
@BrandedAX
But loving them equally may as well have been the whole reason why he WOULDN'T have died, you see. If you have a child that would have a much harder time in an environment and another that would likely acclimate well, which one would any sane man have a harder time sending there?

why are you assuming that he was more concerned about ravina being a little unsuited for nunnery then about having to send away one of his daughters?

she may be "less compatable" but she was obv far more willing

between sending a daughter who wants to go and one who doesnt, why would i feel more guilty sending the willing one?

That assumes the pirate siege is the calamity itself, which is something I also did.

then how do we know that the calamity hasnt ALREADY been avoided? by going to the nunnery she did prevent the calamity and/or delayed it enough for others to solve it?

theres no point going into such wild what ifs with no proof to back them up, should she really just believe anything crazy old people say with no evidence? Sacred doesnt seem like he would trust them, and he should know how reliable they are

Dex-chan lover
@ BrandedAX I don't get why you are trying to pin blame on Ravina. In one corner, we have a literal freaking pirate who is just fine with killing and stealing, and in another corner we have a village girl not committing any crimes. And you lay blame on the girl. Simply for existing.. If that's not victim shaming I don't know what is...

Power Uploader
@REDS pages are in order, its her telling the story to sacred with flashbacks to the relevant parts

Dex-chan lover
@BrandedAX no you're completely missing the point, the pig is only keeping the village functioning because of her. ravina's done nothing to attract any catastrophy you're just putting it on her for a self fulfilling prophecy someone else setup.

It's literally victim blaming with the most absurdist logic, evil pirate comes to town and only keeps it working because a girl he likes happens to be there and he keeps it alive to blackmail her, well it's her fault the town got targetted now right. sage claims catastrophy will come about because of the twins -> proceeds to the town secluding them, separating them and causing the catastrophe to begin with.

if ur seriously blaming her for her dad's health how about blaming the shit town who forced them to send one of them to the nunnery to begin with because they believed in some prophecy.

My point is, she disobeyed their father for the sake of being a rebel, killing him in the process and putting her sister's life in danger years later.

this is a really stupid take ngl.

Dex-chan lover
@Forikorder
she may be "less compatable" but she was obv far more willing

You seem to be missing the part where her sister said she was okay with it, though? You're also ignoring the added burden of failing to recognize one's own daughter. Remember: Ravina was only taken because she pretended to be her sister.

It would be something completely different if she had convinced that father instead of tricking him, but not only did he have to deal with losing a daughter, he also failed to recognize said daughter AND was hit with the realization that his daughters didn't trust him.

then how do we know that the calamity hasnt ALREADY been avoided? by going to the nunnery she did prevent the calamity and/or delayed it enough for others to solve it?

Because the only reason this problem hasn't solved itself is that both sisters are in town. The preventing of which was the whole point of sending one of them away.

@Danwoo

I'm pinning blame on her because she IS to blame. If for nothing else, for making their father die faster.

@kavinh

Right, the village is only functioning because of her... oh wait, she wasn't supposed to have left, her sister was. And if she hadn't tricked their father and left herself instead of her sister, the probability of her sister not being around to be killed was extremely high.

Which would mean this problem would have solved itself. But sure, I'm blaming the victim.

I already said this wouldn't be ideal, but my point isn't that she is a victim or not. My point is that the Sage was right in a way. Them both being here is elongating a problem that should have solved itself if they followed their father's original plan.

Would it be bad for them? Probably, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. She probably get saved at some point once Stella took over.

Dex-chan lover
@BrandedAX
You seem to be missing the part where her sister said she was okay with it, though? You're also ignoring the added burden of failing to recognize one's own daughter. Remember: Ravina was only taken because she pretended to be her sister.

and only pretended to be her sister because she really wanted to be the one who went

Because the only reason this problem hasn't solved itself is that both sisters are in town. The preventing of which was the whole point of sending one of them away.

thats your assumption, its very wierd to see these pirates as a calamity, if they had killed the twins theyd have nothing to give him to leave the village alone, so would have lived under him forever, because they didnt they could use ravina/ruruna to make him leave, either A) if she hadnt returned he would ahve picked ruruna and left the village alone, and ravina lives in ignorance of her sister being sold to pirates B) if she hadnt returned he wouldnt have fallen in love with ruruna and the village would have had to continue being tormented by him

her coming back so far is nothing but a pro for the village, the only con is that it put ruruna's life at risk

so either A) the sage is bat shit crazy and completely wrong, B) told them that because he knew it would create this specific scenario C) foresaw a seperate calamity that may or not have passed, but since the sage said that they should be killed, unless you expect BOTH twins to slit their throats then nothing they do would prevent the calamity

Users who are viewing this thread