Kochou no Yumeji - Ch. 183 - Beginning

sie

Been here since the beginning, so glad you saw this through to the end, thank you so much! I really, really, loved this story

Thank you translator, for giving me the opportunity to read this beautiful story. I know it's going to be one I come back to often through the years.

And thank you to the author too, for creating this dream.

It's one of few manga which messages and images resonated deeply in my mind. Thank you for translating this series, I had a peaceful+fun time reading it 🥰

Thank you so much for translating! You’ve done a wonderful job since 2016!

This series had such a beautiful ending!

Thank you for the hard work with the scandalation, I absolutely adore the series and its beautiful ending.

For the artist and translator, thank you for all your work! The art, the text, the TL are all consistent and poetic. For me, this story cannot be compared with any other; it's at a level above than the rest in all its attributes. The little notes explaining the context were not just useful, but delightful to read. Thanks again for your hard work.

That was truly beautiful. I'll be recommending this one to people for ages, and it has made my life so sweet...thank you so much, Amplified!!!

Group Leader
Thank you again for reading and supporting Kochou no Yumeji! If you have any questions regarding the story, please feel free to send a message or tag me.

Ps I just realized I also finished the series in time before spring ended.

Thank you so much! Been here from the beginning and I'm so happy to see it to the end. Now to reread it and cry again, thanks for all your work!!

Absolutely stunning

Thanks @amplified amazing work!

Also can someone explain the ending to me ????? I stayed up kinda late reading so i felt I had sleep stupidity but how did her reincarnated self recognize shiro?

Group Leader
@amstash

Kochou was able to reincarnate because she exhausted her powers from reviving Shirogane before her dream part became bigger than her soul.

Decades later, she was reborn as a half-Ayakashi daughter of Sango and Reincarnation!Misaki (the main characters in the Fish arc). It turns out Yuu's mother (from Rain arc) and Kochou's uncle Aki got married, and Yuu the Rainboy was also reborn as their son (iirc he said he'll be reborn as his mom's son again). Reincarnation!Misaki was Yuu's daughter and Aki's granddaughter. So basically Kochou was reincarnated as a descendant of the people she helped. I won't be surprised if she's also related to Saku's girlfriend and Sachie (from the Friend arc) in some way.

The author didn't give a specific reason why Kochou remembered. Maybe Shima simply wanted for the two to become happy, or maybe Shima left hints about the explanation.

I think we can use is Yuu the Rainboy as an example. When Yuu was reincarnated, he received a new name that was similar to his old name (Yuuya) so he had some memories from his past life and was an incomplete Ayakashi. Maybe Reincarnation!Kochou has a similar name too, and I think that's very plausible. Like, either Sango noticed that Kochou was reborn as his daughter, or he simply wanted to show gratitude to Kochou for giving him the push to move on by naming their daughter after her and later on found out that their daughter really is Kochou's reincarnation. The only difference is that Reincarnation!Kochou is half-Ayakashi (and implied quarter-god if Menou really is Kukurihime) so she didn't become an incomplete Ayakashi like Yuu. Anyway, that's just my theory if it makes sense.

@amplified

Thanks for the rundown! It’s starting to come together in my head. I think I read like 40 chapters last night through the AM so my head was swimming when I woke up this morning. I actually just discovered this manga 4 days ago so good timing on my part but I do wish I was here for the whole ride! The work you put into it looks like an absolute labor of love and I appreciate it, can’t wait to re read it.

Blessed !

Stay blessed!

AAAAHHHHH THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
It took me a while to find this series again, but now I got to read the 2nd half-ish all in one go!
I absolutely agree with this series/Shima having better world building and incorporation of myths/culture. The author took a very central myth, but then extrapolated their own ideas/world out if vaguer deities (including reasons for the twists through time!) By the way, thank you so much translator for the notes! I loved and appreciated them *^-^*
Not to even mention the. Fashion! It's definitely been on my mind since I first found this series, but I really love the author's take on traditional with fantasy twist 💕💕💕
I could probably keep going on, but

Thank you shima and amplified!!!
(I'm off to reread the beginning *salute*)

@amplified Thank you so much for your hard work! You did a magnificent job!

Also, thank you for the explanation of the ending! I couldn't recall who these people were!

I must say I, as well, didn't support the romantic relationship between Kochou and Shirogane at the beginning and truly till this moment I'm not completely sold. The relationships with huge power disparity just rub me the wrong way and in this case from the start Kochou was totally at Shirogane's mercy.

ahh thank you so much for your hard work, it’s absolutely beautiful. I'm really happy for them. A little bit sad that Shirogane has to wait for so long. But that all good! Be happy you two!

Users who are viewing this thread