Koi to Uso

This has been going on for waaaay too long already.

It's becoming plainly boring, and the sparse and short chapters make the series feel even more dragged.

I'm quite certain now that the MC's best friend is the Heroine's Partner,
and it seems something quite official is about their notice so even if they wanted to separate they can't.

man what a lousy manga.

Also I hate that government notice women with broken heart, she's a real problem.

@kitsushouten You are right, all they have to do is allow polygamy and all them harem protagonists will be able to stay with everyone since as long as they are making babies, the japanese government shouldn’t have a problem.

Girl he hasn't talked to in 10 years despite knowing her that long
VS
Girl he talks to every day and has actual chemistry with

HMM I WONDER WHO YUKARI SHOULD PICK

Are chapters not allowed to be uploaded if they are still available for free on Manga Box?

MISAKA IS
8533f02516e81e312c574896797050cbdb0c5a23baea4ee4a8d983ccc0433cb5.jpg

its not a spoiler tho, read latest chapters on Manga Box, its horrifying.

Group Leader
the characters in this manga are all so incredibly annoying and stupid aside from ririna and nisaka who both deserve someone way better than yukari. ririna is actually too good for this manga. frankly i dont see any redeeming qualities in yukari so I can't understand why all these people are in love with him. like i get that he's... nice? but he's also boring, pathetic and as interesting as a brick wall. maybe its because the author tried to make him relatable? but a pet rock has more personality than he does.

misaki is so annoying and stupid I lose brain cells everytime she appears. "I love you! but I can't tell you why we can't be together even though everyone is trying to get us together but I love you!" *insert crying face* <-- she does that literally the whole manga. it also doesn't help that the scanlators release only 3-4 pages every two weeks... making the progression of plot feel nonexistent

i'm also not convinced at all of misaki and yukari's love story. it's so disgustingly bland and unrealistic. they pass each other an eraser and fall in love for the next 10 years (also never talking to each other). like whadadaaaaa????

Aggregator gang
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Some people here being homophobic instead of being upset that an adult woman practically sexually assaulted a high schooler, smh.
Anyways, poor Nisaka :( I'm pleasantly surprised at the way the author is writing Nisaka's background, although we could have seen it coming since the first 30 chapters or so, they're handling it quite respectfully which is nice...

I'll try to be fair in judging this manga. I gave it a 5/10.

First off, thanks to the uploaders! This manga has been going on for a while, and honestly, kudos to them for keeping up with the series.

Now, the review. As mentioned previously, the manga's been going on a long while, but the 5-10 page updates make each "chapter" feel somewhat incomplete or lacking. That wouldn't be a problem if only things actually 'happened' in this story. It starts off fine, with the main conflict of Yukari (MC) loving somebody else (Misaki) who isn't his assigned partner (Lilina). It is also shown that his best friend Nisaka has feelings for him. It's a pretty intriguing setup considering the premise of an assigned partner, but this manga absolutely does NOTHING with it but rely on contrived "plot devices" to lead us in circles. Obviously, Yukari and Misaki are going to end up together at some point in this manga, but the way 'drama' unfolds between them and the other side characters are so... stupid. It's like the mangaka is intentionally giving them stupid decisions to keep it afloat. Eventually, Yukari and Misaki start losing their personalities because the way they're written isn't very good They're not progressing, the plot is

On the other hand, Nisaka and Lilina are the only characters carrying this manga for me. Nisaka is heavily hinted to be gay (I'm 95% sure, given the manga's context) and the mangaka's handling it pretty well. He's got depth, and his own personality, and he's DEVELOPING throughout the series, unlike Yukari and Misaki. Lilina is an absolute gem of a female character. She's not written to be this vicious jealous girl and is very nice, at the same time struggling to come to terms with what "love" is and is actively supporting Yukari's romantic endeavors. These two are the only characters carrying the series for me, and take up majority of the 5/10 score. (The rest being the somewhat agreeable art style. Kinda bugs me that the foreheads of the girls get a bit too big at times.)

TL;DR: I'd recommend reading this manga to burn time, but put it 5th to the last or something on your to-read list. It has its moments, but other than the ""drama"" and the character development of Lilina and Nisaka, I wouldn't peg this as a particularly engaging manga. It's average not because it's mediocre, but because the good bits and the bad bits just cancel each other out, if you get what I'm saying.

Users who are viewing this thread