Koibami Shoujo - Ch. 10 - A Weekend with Everyone (2)

Aggregator gang
"i dont want to suspect their smiles" .... is one thing to have a clouded mind due to your feelings but this guy is just to stupid, the teacher is right there telling him to be carefull but he choose to ignore the danger cuz .... they look pretty..?. the thing the bothers me the most is the undertone message in the way he acts: there is danger, you knows it, others had warned you that the danger is real, but you can ignore it all cuz love is more important and they all look pretty. Put that mentality in any situation and see what happens.

Dex-chan lover
There was one scene/panel about the 'rich' girl maybe being real or aware of love eaters and wanting to 'protect' him but other than a 'regular' ojou-sama rom com , i imagine there'd be some 'issues' with dating a 'rich' person even as a teen lol (although i would hope her family isn't uptight about it considering they go to the same school versus some upper class private school unless it's not worth it or they want their kid to experience 'normal' society or so to make it better for their real life decisions/business making/etc)

I bet all of them are love eaters anyway.
I wonder if their brains would short circuit if he was like "I love you all EQUALLY" or so XD; or if he'd be screwed having his 'emotions' absorbed five ways XD (that said, unless they're able to hide their identity from other love eaters, i would be like, "not worth it, gonna target a diff male") tho i wonder if it's a 'need' like a succubus needing erotic energy/essence b/c it's shown they can eat normally/lived before they 'awakened' like that one girl who had a love eater mom or so, otherwise it feels like they're just doing it b/c it's like a drug/'dessert' to them versus them being vampiric

If he really wants to see their tongues, the easiest way is to eat ice cream with them
or somehow giving them stamps to use, tho idk if japan does that kinda system anymore with letters

Even tho the prof is telling him to be careful at least he isn't being too hostile towards the students/classmates (tho be a plot twist that he's the relative of one of the girls and just wanted to 'scare' him to make sure he was serious about his feelings/willing to commit lol). Wonder if there are male love eaters or gay/lesbian ones b/c if they can change their form/gender to someone's preference, it'd give them more 'variety'/a bigger feeding pool

Tho it would be interesting if the lore 'expanded', and to see some flash forward/'checking in' on like, past 'victims' or so b/c other than being a soulless husk to where you're basically a vegetable (which you'd think would get some media attention, cryptic conspiracy theory or not, unless it's written off as "They became a hikkikomori/NEET with depression" because that's a common thing in japan [though more concerning if like, a 11-12 year old boy was targeted versus a teen about to graduate]), there'd still be ppl who'd still have to, y'know, live life/be a part of 'society' versus them just fully being killed off. Because while it's not the same thing, plenty of aro/ace ppl live without "love" just fine (tho given japan's overwork culture who has the time for a relationship lol), versus being some sociopathic serial killer wanting endorphins just to feel something again

Because other than it being a romcom with interpersonal relationships it could easily be a full world thing/horror series/anthology with multiple arcs after this MC's story is 'over' but i don't think it's leading that way unless the author changes things or it gets more popular/editor tells them to change it

If he really wants to see their tongues, the easiest way is to eat ice cream with them
I mean, i've seen some teen girls bite into frozen popsicles like an apple slice so it might not necessarily work. Or the cream is thick and 'fanservicey' and completely coats/cover their tongue to where you can't tell (tho i wouldn't be surprised if there are ppl with genetically split tongue or so like how some ppl have a super long one)

Dex-chan lover
Thinking about it, unless it only works for first loves if their powers don't also 'evolve' somehow, i wonder if there wouldn't be assassin type love eaters to 'seduce' some important politicians/ceos/heirs or such, if not like some remarried stepmother or so having a love eater take away one person's essence to eliminate the competition if not "we know our son is probably going to grow up to be a scumbag/do shitty things, so making him clinically brain dead instead of fully eliminating him to get him outta the way of our public reputation" tho that might be a completely diff story

or like 'revenge' for some cheating husband or so (tho that might not work based on the established rules unless they somehow never had a first love before [tho re-reading the first chapter it says they have a 'fave emotion' and it being 'aimed at them' but that doesn't necessarily mean they couldn't still do it on someone who considers them a 3rd or 4th love if it's 'genuine' since human beings are capable of falling in love more than once, it just wouldn't be as 'tasty' to them?])

Another great manga stuck in a monthly release schedule. We just can't have nice things can we :qq: :qq:

I mean, at least it's a decent number of pages compared to the other monthly updates i've seen get less than 15 lol

also maybe needs a psych tag if not horror lol but that's just my opinion :p

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Being honest here
i hate sensei
he keeps gaslighting the MC and his role is completely artificial on the plot
so i hope to god he's the villain instead

yeah other than him conveniently spying and having 'proof' it seems like (other than just caring about students safety to just 'warn' more boys rather than just one who happened to be targeted tho i imagine most would just be dismissive or report him or so), it feels like he should need a more personal motivation like having a relative who's affected, if not being a previous victim
and just desperately wanting to fall in love again (tho other than just being uncaring idk how many ppl would necessarily wanna reverse it, other than the "when are you getting married/giving us grandkids?" speech from parents, i imagine some ppl live just fine without romance, unless they completely take away 'love' to the point they can't love their family/pets/etc anymore)

Dex-chan lover
The teacher put this whole danger idea in his head. I think they generally can pick either way and are still people with feelings.

I'm betting he picks the one he knows is a love eater to show that it doesn't matter and he is looking for the one he actually likes more than who is real

Doesn't matter, at least one of them has robbed a guys ability to love for the rest of their life. That matters. The fact they're selfish enough to rob someone of a fundamental part of life, just for a tasty snack, makes them awful people.

But I almost guarantee the author retcons that part to make the fmcs more favorable.

Dex-chan lover
Being honest here
i hate sensei
he keeps gaslighting the MC and his role is completely artificial on the plot
so i hope to god he's the villain instead
Also in his character design, he's the only one with permanently hidden eyes. It seems like the narrative is going all for not being prejudiced against them regardless of what they really are, putting up interesting ideas of their own status as love eaters being a situational hell for them, etc. Like even the girls look at him/the reader directly with their intentions, only the teacher has something to hide and a reason which we the audience aren't privy to as to why he wants to hide it

Dex-chan lover
Doesn't matter, at least one of them has robbed a guys ability to love for the rest of their life. That matters. The fact they're selfish enough to rob someone of a fundamental part of life, just for a tasty snack, makes them awful people.

But I almost guarantee the author retcons that part to make the fmcs more favorable.
I think that may be a case of an unreliable source of info from a character. Like it's early enough to reveal the teacher just lied about it removing their ability to love completely. So far we know he's a voyeur, did nothing to help the other students knowing full well what he believes love eaters do, with. The author revealing more information isn't so much trying to make the heroines more favorable and could be more about subverting reader expectations using the mentor figure.

But I do fully believe most authors will fumble the wealth of abstractions they introduce with tropey mid predictable narratives, so this is all likely to come to bunk anyways. I have very little hope that anything they've done was intentional but will be pleasantly surprised should it be the case

Users who are viewing this thread