Koisuru (Otome) no Tsukurikata - Ch. 56

Dex-chan lover
yo Antimony, the people from the OtoTsuku discord server want you in pls join
image0.jpg
My apologies, but, I actually really dislike discord. I'm only in a server with friends, and one for a Pokémon ROM Hack I really like. Again, sorry.

Dex-chan lover
Not sure if this is gonna be good rep for aroace peeps. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe she's just a "normal" girl that needs to be "fixed". Or maybe she's not aroace, but I'm worrying for nothing and it'll be executed just fine.

Dex-chan lover
Though I get what the author was trying for, that kind of relationship dynamic irl is toxic af. In a nonmanga world that kind of unilateral declaration of love towards a kind person who can't reciprocate is a type of coercion, and towards an unkind person it is an invitation to be exploited.
:facepalm:

Double-page supporter
While what I'm getting from her is that she's aro/ace, knwoing manga, it's gonna twist it around and make her fall in love after some time

Still, that means she's atleast ace-spec, which is still nice to see, in this world of "love at first sights"

Also, "If you won't accept yourself for who you are, I will do it in your place", damn Gurren Langan is much more influential than I think

Dex-chan lover
Well i really didn't care about them and just wanted to get back to our boys but... Damn that's like really good, i'd actually read a manga about those two now, that was great!

Thanks for the TL!!

Fed-Kun's army
Dropping this. A single rep-fumble is fine, but the double fumble is just to fucking dumb.

This manga will end without the MCs getting together, because the author probably doesn't even understand that gay people exist.

Dex-chan lover
I don't really understand how you are gonna be able to help a person who is probably just eroace, kid. At least you can accept that and help her be comfortable with her feelings. Probably good to just give up on a relationship tho lol

I still like the cute rom com of it all, but it's starting to get annoying with this series and it's habit of characters being fantastic reps of queer identities, walking right up to that line of identifying themselves, and then stopping short

I hope all these characters get some closure to their feelings once they hit their 20's like most people end up doing
Three letters: QPR

A common thing with aroaces is a fear of being abandoned by all your friends because they'll put romantic relationships above platonic ones. It would be really comforting to have someone that you can trust to be always there even when you don't have a romantic relationship with them, and a queerplatonic relationship (QPR) that label to that sort of friendship.

(Highly recommended resource: ace by Angela chen)

Users who are viewing this thread