Koisuru (Otome) no Tsukurikata - Vol. 1 Ch. 5.2

Dex-chan lover
Sad to see some ungrateful fucks in the comments.
Lashing out "homophobic" label just because they use wrong pronouns and shit.

Stop with that language policing.
Not everyone outside the west subscribe to your ideology.
Forcing other people what words to use is not only fascistic, but also downright Orwellian.

Also I don't give too much of a fuck regarding pronouns or shit and neither do the Japanese author themselves.
Heck even their native term 'otokonoko' (男の娘) even uses 'male' (男) character, so there you have it.

I do hope some kind anon will take over and pick up where the scanlator left off.

Kz3

Oh well =/ I will have to search for another scan for the trad, altho thanks for the work

@karappo
Exactly. . I don't get western Ideology sometimes, here in the east, we do have gay and lgbtq people but they don't go about screaming to the world RESPECT MY PRONOUN! I have a gay cousin and I call him "Kuya"( means big bro in my language) and he is fine with it. . he wears girly clothes and acts like a girl, but he is fine if someone calls him a he or she, cause he does not care about something as petty as pronouns. . Just because your gay does not make you special, western people are honestly weird. .

@rissira
Maybe the reason the west is so anal about how people refer to gays/lgbt, is exactly because of how homophobic their culture has been historically. Historically, the east has been much more accepting of gays and third genders (comparatively anyways), with entire occupations/classes built around such things; versus the centuries of vitriol baked in to the Judeo-christian Western ideology. So while using the wrong pronoun in the east is more easily hand-waived as its less likely to be malicious. To be, at most, indicative of a single hateful person/group of people.. in the west it is much more likely to be a dog-whistle for centuries of hate. Of gigantic portions of a culture primed to deny your gender/orientation, convinced you're going to hell.

Its not that western gay people are special, its how hateful their cultures and histories have been, that they have to defend every inch of progress they've made. In a way, on top of being a celebration, Gay Pride for instance can almost be seen as a provocation to their own culture. Daring the hateful to prove their hypocrisy and unleash their hate, by being as openly gay as possible. We don't have that, because our hate isn't rooted as deeply in to the social and religious fabric of society. So of course it comes off as weird and unnecessarily provocative. We just have to remember that there's a reason why they do what they do.

Dex-chan lover
All these comments... being gay or straight has nothing to do with your pronouns.

Gender and sexuality are NOT the same thing.

Dex-chan lover
Now I wonder if he still wear men's underwear or if he wear female underwear now

Fed-Kun's army
I'm from the future, well, the lack of interest has reversed, this manga got 30-100+ comments every chapter, safe to say people are reading it!
"We will watch your career with great interest."

Users who are viewing this thread