Koisuru (Otome) no Tsukurikata - Vol. 2 Ch. 14

@mirewitch You hot take is that Hiura should immediately date some random dude whom he doesn't know at all, because the person who has been his friend for his entire life and the person he's been in love with for a long long time wasn't immediately sure about his feelings?
I really despise such people.

@liquidsword @Dl9989 Like I said, I'm aware Hiura isn't actually going to go out with Akito. He's head-over heels for Midou. But my point was that Akito has demonstrated he is capable of both recognizing his own feelings and acting on them. In my opinion that makes him better boyfriend material than Midou, who can't even admit he has feelings, much less act on them. Self-awareness and communication are really important in a relationship, and Midou is bad with both. Obviously the heart wants what it wants, and Hiura can't help it if he only has feelings for a dense guy like Midou. But dating Akito seems like it would be way less frustrating than dating Midou.

@A31D31N "manipulative and stupid feminist mentality." lol what are you even talking about?

kaf

homosexuality rains once again, the ass juices are falling from the sky's to bless us all with the gayness one man can carry in a 1000 lifes.

Interesting how some poeple feel like important to argue who's better. Just something to think about for the poeple who are criticising Midou:
It's not like Hiura is perfect. He could make the first step and confess, too. But no, most poeple don't even think of that, because crossdressing boy is the "girl" in the story. And that's unfortunate, because we don't live in the 19th century anymore...
And I'm not saying, new guy is bad - but I'm always confused, when strangers "confess" immediately - I mean, he knows nothing about Hiura. So he only fell for his face, which I think is not a good reason.

Double-page supporter
So is Midou's family actually aware he's gay for Hiura? lol

@mirewitch We know NOTHING about this random student, how could you possibly say that dating fun would be better when all we know is that he asked a random person he doesn't know out because he thought he was cute.

It obviously hasn't developed into romantic feelings yet-- this is still platonic

@Dl9989 We know from page 1 Akito's a good student, and well liked by his peers. He also seems pretty chill based on the casual way he asked Hiura out, and seems pretty non-judgemental based on his being cool with Hiura's gender-nonconformity. Sure his attraction is superficial, but that's common with a new relationship. People who meet via dating apps, clubs, etc. also start dating for superficial reasons. That's the point of the first few dates - to learn more about one another, and evaluate if you're compatible enough to justify a more serious relationship.

I'm not saying Hiura needs to marry the guy. I'm just saying he might have more fun going out with someone who has explicitely said he's interested, rather than spending all his time quietly pining after someone else. I'd also be cool with Hiura confessing to Midou; he's just as bad as Midou regarding communication. I just want someone to make progress, and Akito at least seems proactive.

@mirewitch Being well liked by his friends and being good at studies isn't a reason to date someone and literally every single person in the manga has been chill about Hiura's cross-dressing. How exactly is years of friendship and support, including helping Hiura with his make up and general help in every aspect by Midou worth less than this random guy's, "I think you look cute"?

It would be one thing if this person was given any development prior to this and was an actual character or a love rival, but he is a literal nobody.

Some of you talk like confessing one's feelings in real life is that simple for everyone... coming out as gay or else is even harder for many, and it doesn't matter if it's 2021; it is harder. We are used to these cliches in fiction but don't compare them with real life. It is not one bit easy. And sure, I applaud the guy's proactiveness but, at the end of the day, Hiura crossdressing or not, he's also a guy, and not confessing to his beloved best-friend proves that it's not simple and he can't expect Midou to do it so out of the blue. As said in the comments, this isn't the 19th century anymore.

@Dl9989 You're acting like I'm saying they should get married or date forever or something. But going on a date with someone, as page 3 put it, "to get to know him better," is a really casual thing to do. As such, casual reasons like "he's good looking," or "he seems chill," etc. are more than sufficient. But as I've said multiple times now, I'm aware Hiura really likes Midou, and Akito doesn't have a chance. I'm mostly just frustrated that no one in this manga is taking any sort of initiative. I'm aware coming out as gay is difficult, especially in high school. And I'm sympathetic to Hiura's and Midou's struggle being open about it. But endlessly pining over your friend isn't healthy either, and I want someone to break their current stalemate.

Users who are viewing this thread