Kojiin Tamer - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

It's better to be slow and steady rather than skipping the years without knowing what is what and asking why did they skip this and that.

@MasterOfCoin I think that it is an good-enough interpretation, on page 6 the kanji used was 能 and 力 which (according to www.jisho.org ) are "talent; gift; function (noun) OR nicely; properly; well; skillfully; skillfully (adverb) and "force; strength; might; vigour (vigor); energy (noun).

This combination can be interpreted in a variety of ways (being honest I never read raws since I'm way too slow) so the common understanding (for native Japanese readers) for this combination could be "skill/talent/gift of strength/vigor/energy" (i.e. skill of vigor, talent of energy, gift of strength, etc).

For a more descriptive interpretation in English: "the skill (or ability) to bestow/restore energy or good health." This could be shortened further to "stamina/strength restoration skill" or something similar.

For future reference, I would recommend reading 能 as the basis of his abilities, as in if he had the ability to fly, it would be read like "(kanji for fly) +能." The other kanji ( 力 in this particular case) is what describes this "talent/gift/ability/skill" (whatever you choose to call it), so you are likely to see 能 repeated again, but may not see 力 all the time.

Hope this helps, Kanji are a bitch to deal with and, if you don't know them, can require tens of minutes to decipher each individual one, then even more time to figure out how they work together. I highly recommend www.jisho.org for help with kanji, but if you're stuck with anything feel free to reach out to me, I would be happy to help occasionally!

Dex-chan lover
Page 10 She suggests he's going "Peeing" and that she willing to help/join in all three, yet he manages to stave her off by just claiming bathroom break?

Maybe it's supposed to be "Flowerpicking" or "Picking flowers" and she really meant picking actual flowers?

Dex-chan lover
How come no one noticed that hole on the fence? Wouldn't that let beasts like wolves get in the orphanage?

Dex-chan lover
So many things to say...

1. So the orphanage just let a 3-4 yr old boy wander around and head out the area without supervision? No one noticed? Really?
2. He is what? 101+3 yrs old and he just thinks it's normal for a 3-4 yr old boy to be gathering food in a forest? What would the others think when he brings back that stuff for them?
3. He was neve given any element magic skill or anything. How would he perform all those magic skills? And no one noticed it?

I might continue to read for the kitty cuteness... but other than that... this novel sucks. Author is bs-ing. No normal adult, especially one with the mental age of 101 years old would act like this MC. Should've said a 10 year old reincarnated instead.

Dex-chan lover
Here be an overly critical complaint about complaints, don't worry about it. Call it venting or something.
1. So the orphanage just let a 3-4 yr old boy wander around and head out the area without supervision? No one noticed? Really?
2. He is what? 101+3 yrs old and he just thinks it's normal for a 3-4 yr old boy to be gathering food in a forest? What would the others think when he brings back that stuff for them?
3. He was neve given any element magic skill or anything. How would he perform all those magic skills? And no one noticed it?
1. I wonder if he's sneaking around to avoid detection or something.
2. Ah yes, that thing we haven't seen him actually do just yet. Better complain about how that's executed before actually seeing it executed. Good call.
3. Pretty sure chapter 1 says magic works based on imagination or something along those lines, and gives him a skill specifically for being able to use magic in general.

There's so much to complain about for any particular garbage fire isekai but somehow someone always picks out these weird things I can't help but reply to as if I actually like the dumb thing enough to defend it. But I don't. Your complaints are just so bad.

I might continue to read for the kitty cuteness... but other than that... this novel sucks.
You're here for the cat girl? She's shaping up to be "Haha, I'm so random XD" incarnate so far. You're absolutely free to like her, but I'm gonna make fun of you for it. I'm practically obligated. Like, goddamn dude. I'm not mad, son. I'm just disappointed.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck I can already tell this bitch is gonna be annoying, little kids in manga aren’t cute, just frustrating! She’s probably have an arrogant or disrespectful attitude, just get stealing the MC’s food and being so nosy pissed me off

Users who are viewing this thread